Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Image manipulation woes, currently producing blank images

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Oh, one last thing that popped into my head after absorbing what you'd said about the library appending '/convert' to the end of the path - Please try:
Code:
$config2['image_library'] = 'imagemagick';
$config2['library_path'] = '/usr/bin';

Good luck!

[eluser]Robert May[/eluser]
Don't worry about it! Any help at all is more than welcome. :-)
Annoyingly it's holding my application up a bit, but I'll just move on using the blank thumbnails until I can sort it out!

Edit: And already given that a try, didn't work unfortunately.

Tested this on my local server now too, and it still produces black squares. Anyone got any ideas? It's either CI or my code, no idea which!

I think it's got to be you're code. My only suggestion is to rename the current file, and give it an .old.php extension, and then try to write you're method again without looking at your old code. See if anything changes. I'm quite surprised no-one else has replied to this thread yet.

Please could you post the exact requirements of your method?

I basically just need to resize an image down and then crop it to a square. It has to be run in a for loop so I can process images in a batch.
Not sure how else to write it really, maybe the black thumbnails are something to do with it not having resized and saved it before it crops it?

Progress!
It's the crop that's messing it up. I commented out that function and it works fine.

Anyone got any idea on how to crop after resizing without it messing up? I'm assuming it has something to do with trying to crop before it has been written correctly, so I'm open to any suggestions!

Can't you just resize it, save it, reset the image library, and then crop it?

That's what I thought I was doing. I might run a second foreach loop after the first to do the cropping. It wouldn't be as neat but I think it might work.

Still no luck. Tried running it in a separate loop afterwards, and tried changing settings and all. I'll leave it just resizing them for the moment, I'll have to come back to it later once the rest of the site is done.

[eluser]CoffeeBeanDesign[/eluser]
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/115336/

See above. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB