Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Developing Blog software

[eluser]Ram2810[/eluser]
can any one help me in developing blog software.I intend to develop blog site using MVC architecture of codeigniter

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
try this one already created

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/102179/

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
[quote author="Ram2810" date="1243247903"]can any one help me in developing blog software.I intend to develop blog site using MVC architecture of codeigniter[/quote]

If you intend to distribute it, then you should probably look into inktype, dblog and the others.

If you just want to use it, I can't see why you wouldn't use more mature ones like wordpress, etc.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Worpress is a real mess. It doesn't seem to have any structure to it. I was contemplating porting it over to CodeIgniter.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="TheFuzzy0ne" date="1243261569"]Worpress is a real mess. It doesn't seem to have any structure to it. I was contemplating porting it over to CodeIgniter.[/quote]

It's only a mess if you look at the source code Tongue
I all you need is something that 'just works' and have no intention to modify the code, then it should be fine, but if you want to hack away, I recommend one of the previously mentioned ones

And Fuzzy, that another one of your projects for what little remaining free time you have left?

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
[quote author="TheFuzzy0ne" date="1243261569"]Worpress is a real mess. It doesn't seem to have any structure to it. I was contemplating porting it over to CodeIgniter.[/quote]

I wasn't mentioning if it was a mess or not. What I meant was that if you're going to use a blogging software for blogging, why waste time on coding? It works.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1243261788"]And Fuzzy, that another one of your projects for what little remaining free time you have left?[/quote]

No, this is a project that "may" be planned for the future. Tongue

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB