Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can your browser load this page?

[eluser]brigham[/eluser]
I'm starting to go nuts here!

What is going on with this site: www.babynamr.com ???

The site is very heavy on Javascript. Unfortunately, it seems like about 1 in 15 of the browsers trying to run the page are experiencing some kind of failure during loading. Naturally, the browsers I am using to test it (firefox, ie6, and opera) perform perfectly.

I was hoping that a few people from the CI community would be kind enough to try their browsers on the site and tell me what they experience... Please?

Best,
Brigham

[eluser]stevepaperjam[/eluser]
Mac Camino 1.5
First time round (about two minutes ago) I got the "oh dear, there might be a problem at our end..."
Second time round it worked, and third time too.

I'm on dodgy wifi connection at work, so it could possibly be down to that?

Do you have any logs to see how far it got before it timed out?

[eluser]brigham[/eluser]
Shoot; it only keeps the most recent session stats, so your later successful loads overwrote it. I'll have to change that...

Did you bail after the "...Problem at our end..." message? Or did it hang?

[eluser]stevepaperjam[/eluser]
The message disappeared, the spinny thing kept spinning, and after about 20 seconds or so, I refreshed for a second go.

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]
No.

Safari 3.0.2, Mac, generates the pop-up that cookies are not enabled. They are.

Code:
<html><head><title>babynamr.com</title><meta name="keywords" content="babynamr, babynamer, baby names, boy names, girl names"></head><frameset rows="100%" scrolling="yes" border="0"><frame src="http://www.recbot.com/expert"><frame src="http://webhosting.yahoo.com/forward.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"  scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></frameset></html>

The default setting for cookies is, paraphrased, "only for sites you navigate to, not from advertisers on those pages."

When I load recbot.com outside the frameset, I get to this:

Quote:Aargh! An error!
We have submitted a report of the incident.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience.

Me thinks this site needs a major rethink.

[eluser]brigham[/eluser]
Awesome!
Very useful feedback!
I'm not sure why the site was unable to set a cookie on your browser yet (it tries to set a cookie, and gives the error message if it fails.) Why does Safari think the cookie is coming from an advertiser?

...it looks like the second error was caused by a funky queryString. Somehow a '&_=' got appended onto it in your case.

Here's the error:
2007-07-05T00:18:17-07:00;;0.686;;3929;;ajaxRequest.onSuccess
PARSE_ERROR during ajax call, exception=undefined
URL=http://www.recbot.com/expert/index.php/ajax
QUERYSTRING=getBeliefs=5,40&getFacts=-1,-1,1
RESPONSE_TEXT=Parse Error for Querystring: 'getBeliefs=5,40&getFacts=-1,-1,1&userId=3929&_=';
AGENT=mac,saf,,,;;Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/522.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.2 Safari/522.12;;0;;0

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]
I interpret that as a domain-wide setting. All domains not in the address bar are banned from setting cookies. You load two different domains into your frames.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB