Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why index.php does NOT show automatically in the url ??

[eluser]JPrieto[/eluser]
i never demanded an answer
read my post and they ALL stated "please" and an advance "thank you"
ALL of them

so .... you got your facts wrong

look i was just following along the video tutorial
tried to duplicate it

and in the first video tutorial the index.php DOES show automatically

all I want to know is HOW can that be duplicated --- that's all

well... let me get out of here now
i spend more time trying to defend myself against false accusations
thank learning this thing

from here on
it does not matter what i say
some of you will find joy in attacking anyway

good going guys

[eluser]JPrieto[/eluser]
CAPS is used to emphasize
.. in the case of the nature of this forum
.... cant see how it can be used to be demanding

Wow !!

[eluser]SpooF[/eluser]
Index.php was never automatically added, the first time it shows up Derek typed it into the URL.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
using all caps gives the impression of SHOUTING
If you want add emphasis to some text, you can use bold or italics, its subtle, but works

[eluser]SpooF[/eluser]
Im wondering if there is a misscommunication here going on here.

JPrieto, when you say "and in the first video tutorial the index.php DOES show automatically", are you talking about whats in the URL or what is displayed when you visit the index.php, with a url of "http://domain.tld/codeigniter/index.php"?

The reason that information is displayed in the video when Derek visits the index.php with no additional parameters is because he set a default control in the routes file. This tells Codeigniter that if no controller is given, that it should automatically load the default. Int he case of video, it loads the blog controller.

Now in a fresh install of Codeigniter, You'll find that there is already a welcome controller and that the default controller in the routes file is set to 'welcome'

[eluser]JPrieto[/eluser]
Thanks SpooF for your explanation .. it did helped

Basically I think that the version of CI used in the video "is" possibly different from the version I downloaded

So, I think, that combining your explanation with the differences of versions used -- it makes sense now.

I used quotes to emphasize a word -- other members here feel that CAPS is offensive .

My reply to you is in the spirit of gratitude, hope you do NOT take offense with how I point out words, or thought, using caps. I just used caps in this sentence, cause it looks like you're more understanding and not into taking things out of content. I am sure that it is obvious to you that no disrespect, or shouting, or anger, is expressed in this post herein.

Well, got to go - need to google to find where it says that CAPS are considered SHOUTING on the net

..... I could be wrong -- but anyone with a bit of culture would have looked beyond the font and see the content. After all, we should not judged a book by its cover.

again, thanks for taking time to clear this issue ---- trust me, I really do appreciate it VERY much

(the "very" in caps was meant to emphasize my genuine sincerity in my gratitude)

ps: thanks to EVERYONE else for taking time out to help me out also .... I mean that

NO HARD FEELINGS ON MY PART (emphasis, not shouting)

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
Yeah just some friendly advice. Caps is indeed normally used for the equivalent of shouting. Trying making things bold for emphasis if you really need to.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB