Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is CodeIgniter still under development?

[eluser]smick[/eluser]
Hello All,

I've been developing with codeigniter for a while now and everything's going well, but out of curiosity, what new features do we have to look forward to? When can we expect a new update? Is there a blog or place to keep up with new updates?

Thanks

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
For the EL developers focus on releasing EE 2.0 which will run on CI. If you follow the EE blog you will know the (beta) release could happen soon which means the CI version it runs on will be released too. What has been changed is only known to the EL developers but a javascript library wrapper will be build-in as it's been announced when they started development and Derek Allard made some forum posts about it not so long ago.

So keep an eye out for the launch of EE 2.0 to get your hands on CI x.x.

[eluser]eoinmcg[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1243509741"]
So keep an eye out for the launch of EE 2.0 to get your hands on CI x.x.[/quote]

If you can't wait for that take a look at the Subversion repository. You can find out more about it here:
http://codeigniter.com/downloads/

A rather nice shopping cart class has been added...

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I don't think the version in SVN isn't the version EE 2.0 is using as i read the developers have mentioned on events it's going to be a big change.

[eluser]eoinmcg[/eluser]
Aha! Sounds interesting...

Let's hope version 2 isn't a radical departure of the current version. I love the fact that CI is bloat free, especially in comparison with some other frameworks.

Can't wait to get my grubby mits on it though ;-)

[eluser]smick[/eluser]
Thanks.

anyone know anything about the javascript wrapper?

What is it?

Also, anyone know anything about the shopping cart class? I'm about to have to write a custom cart for a client and it would be super cool if this could be released before I have to do that (2 week). hehe

Never really looked at EE. Guess I'm behind the times. Big Grin

[edit: I said "shopping javascript wrapper"]

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
the thread with Derrek Allard's comment

I guess it works as follows
Code:
// controller
$this->load->javascript('jquery');

$this->jquery->click('#div','$(this).hide();');
// view
<?php echo $this->jquery->render() ?>
</head>
Don't burn me at the stake if this is not the way it is going to work Wink

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="smick" date="1243548350"]
Also, anyone know anything about the shopping cart class? I'm about to have to write a custom cart for a client and it would be super cool if this could be released before I have to do that (2 week). hehe[/quote]

Its currently available in the repository

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB