Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Everyone's favorite topic, mod_rewrite/.htaccess/$config['uri_protocol']

[eluser]Daniel Moore[/eluser]
I've put together a little something more that I hope will help with people who are needing a little troubleshooting. It's a little package that contains a controller, helper, and .htaccess files. The main .htaccess file is to determine whether or not .htaccess is allowed on your system.

There are 2 additional .htaccess files, one called sample.htaccess and one called super.htaccess. These will help you configure your .htaccess once you have determined you can use them.

Running the ci_test controller, which requires the phpinfo_array_helper, will tell you whether or not mod_rewrite is enabled on your server. This controller will also give you information about the $config['uri_protocol'] settings, in case any of the possible values are invalid. For me, only 2 values are valid, and only one works. This correctly identifies that.

You can get this package from this link.

I would very much like people to download this and check it out, then respond here with your thoughts. It was a quick job, so it is quite probably considered very crude, but it isn't meant to be pretty, just to do the job.

Please let me know if it is lacking anything or if the instructions need better explanation, or whatever comments you have on it.

Thanks.

[eluser]charlie spider[/eluser]
wow
first response in 3 months

Worked great for me.

I've been pulling my hair out for the past two hours trying to get .htaccess working for a new site. The site is hosted with a company that I have set up tons of sites on, including my own company's, so I'm totally familiar with what .htaccess settings work for the server. Couldn't get ANYTHING working with this new site though. Even an htaccess with every single line commented out, caused a 500 internal server error.

Started poking around the forums here, stumbled across this thread, d/l'd and up'd your files.

BAM!!!

"The Apache module mod_rewrite is not loaded."

somebody at the hosting company must have forgotten to include it :\
( mod_rewrite has been loaded for every site I have worked on with this hosting provider over the past 3 years )

Thanks a ton.

I also use your super htaccess file which is great too.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB