Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why CI?

[eluser]jayrulez[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1243864834"]As I said before I believe you are somehow affiliated with the ThinkPHP framework and simply attempting to gain some exposure for it by posting a ridiculous poll in the CodeIgniter forums.

Don't apologise for confirming my suspicion.

Good luck in either case.[/quote]

confirming your suspicion? i'm really amazed at your $%&^#. Hyphothetically speaking... I'm affiliated with the ThinkPHP framework, if i wanted to expose it to english users, then i would release it in english also, And what support could i hope to get from a board of dedicated codeignitor developers? ay ay... ppl sure are amusing. And earlier you pointed out that i'm jamaican. Whats the possibility of me being affiliated with a chinese framework over an english one...

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Quote:...then i would release it in english also...

You should.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
CI's template engine is basic as the developers recognized there are good templating engines out there. So don't expect to much of it. If that is your main point i wouldn't use CI if i were you.

You can't remove the bootstrap file without using mod_rewrite so all frameworks are equal on that point.

I think it's wrong of you to see the zend framework as a library because then you for go the benefit of the working with highly decoupled classes. But the decoupling brings with it is that high level libraries require quite a few classes to mat it work, for example the form library.

[eluser]someone1[/eluser]
I've used Symfony, Zend, CakePHP and a few others and I always fall back on Code Igniter.

Although Code Igniter doesn't come with a lot of cool libraries prebuilt, you end up spending more time learning those cool libraries and work around them versus them working for you.

I think code igniter lets you code the way you want without the need for conforming to the coding styles of the creators of the framework. Its a very loose MVC structure and can be extremely powerful in the right hands. I think no matter the size of the project code igniter is a great choice. And you can always hook up with other frameworks to utilize their advantages, like integrating the ZEND libraries with code igniter so you get the lightweight speed of CI and the complete libraries of ZEND to handle what ever you need at the times you need it.

I for one use Symfony's methodology for templates in my projects as I think it makes a lot of sense in my CI projects, although i have to work a tad bit harder than in Symfony for it, the end result is still highly customizable and well structured.

Just my 2 cents!

[eluser]the_namdeeW[/eluser]
CodeIgniter FTW!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB