Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why CI?

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Quote:I find the documentation and forum support pretty good for all 4 except ...
How would you know this if you don't speak Chinese.

You cannot "read" PHP and evaluate the features or functionality of a framework.

This thread smells like a spammer's attempt at promoting some rather obscure frameworks.

[eluser]jayrulez[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1243854218"]
Quote:I find the documentation and forum support pretty good for all 4 except ...
How would you know this if you don't speak Chinese.

You cannot "read" PHP and evaluate the features or functionality of a framework.

This thread smells like a spammer's attempt at promoting some rather obscure frameworks.[/quote]

cuz u cant doesn't mean everyone else cant also. with a little exploration and a little testing its pretty easy.If i was seeking to spam a framework, a board dedicated to a certain other framework would be the last place i'd go. But its a perfect place to get opinion from first hand users about the framework don't u think. I asked in all honesty for your opinion about CI framework, and i would rather hear about it than pointless remarks like these. To access the documentation and support, u ise google language translator (http://www.google.com.au/language_tools/ : guess i'm spamming google language tools now huh?) and i also email a member of the developers team who speaks both english and chinese a few times for information regarding the framework.

Thank you to the other members for your response

I would love to read the language tools translation of some documentation. Do you have a link?

And one question I would ask, is why someone in Jamaica is using Google Australia language tools?

[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1243857217"]I would love to read the language tools translation of some documentation. Do you have a link?

And one question I would ask, is why someone in Jamaica is using Google Australia language tools?[/quote]

sure i got the core i translated, its not so far off from proper english. By comparing it with what i know i could understand perfectly what it was saying, example here: chinese:
return array(
// 核心
'_PAGE_ERROR'=> '页面出错',
'_MODULE_NOT_EXIST_'=> '无法加载模块',
'_ERROR_ACTION_'=> '非法操作',
'_LANGUAGE_NOT_LOAD_'=> '无法加载语言包',
'_TEMPLATE_NOT_EXIST_'=> '模板不存在',
'_MODULE_'=>'模块',
'_ACTION_'=>'操作',
'_ACTION_NOT_EXIST_'=>'控制器不存在或者没有定义',
'_MODEL_NOT_EXIST_'=>'模型不存在或者没有定义',
'_VALID_ACCESS_'=>'没有权限',
'_XML_TAG_ERROR_'=>'XML标签语法错误',
'_DATA_TYPE_INVALID_'=>'非法数据对象!',
'_OPERATION_WRONG_'=>'操作出现错误',
'_ERROR_INFO_'=>'错误信息:',
'_ERROR_URL_'=>'错误页面:',
'_ERROR_TYPE_'=>'错误类型:',
'_ERROR_TRACE_'=>'错误跟踪:',
'_NOT_LOAD_DB_'=>'无法加载数据库',
'_NOT_SUPPORT_DB_'=>'系统暂时不支持数据库',
'_NO_DB_CONFIG_'=>'没有定义数据库配置',
'_NOT_SUPPERT_'=>'系统不支持',
'_CACHE_TYPE_INVALID_'=>'无法加载缓存类型',
'_FILE_NOT_WRITEABLE_'=>'目录(文件)不可写',
'_METHOD_NOT_EXIST_'=>'您所请求的方法不存在!',
'_CLASS_NOT_EXIST_'=>'实例化一个不存在的类!',
'_DB_TYPE_NOT_EXIST_'=> '没有指定数据库类型或该类库不存在!',
'_DB_CONNECT_ERROR_'=> '数据库连接失败!',
'_CLASS_CONFLICT_'=>'类名冲突',
'_TEMPLATE_ERROR_'=>'模板引擎错误',
'_CACHE_WRITE_ERROR_'=>'缓存文件写入失败!',
'_TAGLIB_NOT_EXIST_'=>'标签库未定义',
'_WAITING_GOTO_EXIST_'=> '请等待系统转向...',
'_OPERATION_FAIL_'=>'操作失败!',
'_OPERATION_SUCCESS_'=>'操作成功!',
'_INSERT_SUCCESS_'=>'新增成功',
'_INSERT_FAIL_'=>'新增失败',
'_SELECT_NOT_EXIST_'=>'要编辑的项目不存在!',
'_UPDATE_SUCCESS_'=>'更新成功',
'_UPDATE_FAIL_'=>'更新失败',
'_DELETE_SUCCESS_'=>'删除成功',
'_DELETE_FAIL_'=>'删除失败',
'_EXPRESS_ERROR_'=>'表达式错误',
);

english:
return array
(
// Core
'_PAGE_ERROR'=> 'Page error',
'_MODULE_NOT_EXIST_'=> 'Unable to load module',
'_ERROR_ACTION_'=> 'Error Action',
'_LANGUAGE_NOT_LOAD_'=> 'Unable to load language pack',
'_TEMPLATE_NOT_EXIST_'=> 'Template does not exist',
'_MODULE_'=>'Module',
'_ACTION_'=>'Action',
'_ACTION_NOT_EXIST_'=>'Controller does not exist or is not defined',
'_MODEL_NOT_EXIST_'=>'Model does not exist or is not defined',
'_VALID_ACCESS_'=>'Invalid Access',
'_XML_TAG_ERROR_'=>'XML tag syntax error',
'_DATA_TYPE_INVALID_'=>'Illegal data object!',
'_OPERATION_WRONG_'=>'Operation Error',
'_ERROR_INFO_'=>'Error message:',
'_ERROR_URL_'=>'Error page:',
'_ERROR_TYPE_'=>'Error Type:',
'_ERROR_TRACE_'=>'Bug Tracking:',
'_NOT_LOAD_DB_'=>'Unable to load database',
'_NOT_SUPPORT_DB_'=>'Systems do not support the database',
'_NO_DB_CONFIG_'=>'Database configuration is not defined',
'_NOT_SUPPERT_'=>'System does not support',
'_CACHE_TYPE_INVALID_'=>'Invalid cache type',
'_FILE_NOT_WRITEABLE_'=>'Directory (files) cnot writable',
'_METHOD_NOT_EXIST_'=>'Method does not exist',
'_CLASS_NOT_EXIST_'=>'Class does not exist',
'_DB_TYPE_NOT_EXIST_'=> 'Database type not specified or class for specified database type does not exist!',
'_DB_CONNECT_ERROR_'=> 'Database Connection failed!',
'_CLASS_CONFLICT_'=>'Class has already been defined',
'_TEMPLATE_ERROR_'=>'Template engine error!',
'_CACHE_WRITE_ERROR_'=>'Failed to write cache file!',
'_TAGLIB_NOT_EXIST_'=>'Undefined tag library',
'_WAITING_GOTO_EXIST_'=> 'Please wait for system to ...',
'_OPERATION_FAIL_'=>'Operation failed!',
'_OPERATION_SUCCESS_'=>'Operation successful!',
'_INSERT_SUCCESS_'=>'Insert successful',
'_INSERT_FAIL_'=>'Insert failed',
'_SELECT_NOT_EXIST_'=>'The selected item does not exist!',
'_UPDATE_SUCCESS_'=>'Update successful',
'_UPDATE_FAIL_'=>'Update failed',
'_DELETE_SUCCESS_'=>'Delete successful',
'_DELETE_FAIL_'=>'Delete failed',
'_EXPRESS_ERROR_'=>'Expression error',
);

Not too bad eh?

Alot of documentation isn't necessary cuz the code is pretty straight forward.

u can try for yourself, and i just typed "google language tools" in the address bar using opera browser and copied the address of the first link and pasted it in the last post. Are you that adamant about proving a point? Please if you have nothing constructive to add the discussion then refrain from posting.

*NB* and if you really think i'm spamming, don't you think you are helping by adding comments?

Now which of the two frameworks have you translated?
And perhaps you could also post a link to some translated documentation.

[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1243859022"]Now which of the two frameworks have you translated?
And perhaps you could also post a link to some translated documentation.[/quote]

I translated thinkphp, codeignitor doesn't need translating of course, neither does zend framework, and i barely looked in the I-F framework yet but from what i see, it already has english in it.

http://thinkphp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk...HP快速入门.pdf if you can spare the time you can go thru that chm file, you'll see that even though it's in chinese, once you see the code examples in it, couple that with your knowledge of php and i think you will see it's not hard to understand (if your learning capacity is atleast average). since the last 2 posts your aim to discredit me and pass me off as a spammer has changed to one which is to say i'm unable to translate a few files to english using a translator thats not too far from accurate in most cases... sigh... again you posted something totally unrelated what i wanted to see in this topic, but anyways i commend your patience and tolerance. Mine has just run out, or maybe it's just you. Anyways i think trying each framework individually and judging each on it's merits will be faster than trying to talk to you. Might take a few days to finish but it sure beats having to deal with this.

I sincerely thank the members who were willing to contribute useful information and i sarcastically thank this person for whatever it is he/she's doing. you can have the topic removed by the admins if it makes you feel more comfortable. Just have them see this post that they have my blessing to do so even though they already reserve that right. Thank you again... "Not"

Forgive my apparent confusion here, I am wondering why you chose frameworks developed and documented in Chinese when there are literally hundreds of other frameworks which would be more easily learned and used.

Frameworks such as Kohana, Yii Framework, Akelos, Symphony, Prado would all be easier for you to work with.

But good luck with your learning CodeIgniter in any case, I'm sure you will find good reason to use it for your future application development.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
First the nitpicking, if you are going to poll for thoughts on other frameworks at least get the name right of the framework who's forum you are on.

The problem with this poll is that people should have checked out the frameworks other than CI. I have never heard of i-framework and i never tried out thinkphp. So first you have to find people who used one or more of the other frameworks, when you find enough people you can start a poll.

I think the advantage of CI over ZEND is that is php4 compatible. If your sites are going to be run of php5 servers i would go with a php5 only framework as it will make you write less code because it can benefit from all php5 improvements. This means (dis)advantages are company/developer bound, so it's hard for a community to find out which framework fits your needs.

[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1243862764"]Forgive my apparent confusion here, I am wondering why you chose frameworks developed and documented in Chinese when there are literally hundreds of other frameworks which would be more easily learned and used.

Frameworks such as Kohana, Yii Framework, Akelos, Symphony, Prado would all be easier for you to work with.

But good luck with your learning CodeIgniter in any case, I'm sure you will find good reason to use it for your future application development.[/quote]

Then just ask that already. Let me also apologise for lashing out. I chose those 4 frameworks based on the coding style, and the fact that they offer a built in template engine. I found thinkphp very easy to customize and expand and also liked how it deals with ajax and the expandable xml tag library. I like I-F for that same reason, I like the coding style of codeignitor, it also has a template engine, It has one of the largest user base of php frameworks so i assumed there must be a good reason for that, i checked out codeignitor at the svn and i must say i'm really anticipating the release of version 2 of the framework, so far i'm looking forward to building apps on it, and for zend i wouldn't really call it a framework but ust a library of files, it's my least favourite of the 3, i only chose it because it seems its almost as widely used as codeignitor seems to be. questions i would like to ask about codeignitor are, does it offer predefined xml tags i can use in templates? can i change how the url without changing .htaccess or anything in the code? example instead if seo url i might want to use urls like controller/action.ext?var=val
or route.ext?var=val, also how it interacts with the database, for example in thinkphp i found the active record pattern implemented very effective and easy, but it was just fairly good in I-F to me, for Codeignitor, from the tutorial's i've seen i would say its good. also the usability of the template engines, is the syntax similar to smarty template engine? does it offer predefined javascript libraries? and alot more questions but i cant think of them all right now.

As I said before I believe you are somehow affiliated with the ThinkPHP framework and simply attempting to gain some exposure for it by posting a ridiculous poll in the CodeIgniter forums.

Don't apologise for confirming my suspicion.

Good luck in either case.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB