Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Validation question

[eluser]magicPants[/eluser]
I'm just getting into using CI and I'm really loving it. I have a question re: validation and was wondering if someone could help please?

How would I set up a validation rule based on a regular expression e.g. validating phone number (containing numbers and spaces only), or validating an ISBN?

TIA

Dave (magicPants)

[eluser]champs[/eluser]
Look a bit further into the validation class docs and check out the section on callbacks. Validation supports any available function that can be called with a single argument.

Nice!

Thank you.

But what if I have a validation function that I need to call for different controllers, I don't want to be cutting & pasting the same validation function?

Is there a place I can put this where all controllers can get at it, or would I need to add it to the validation library?

Cheers

Dave

[eluser]mk3[/eluser]
I believe u can extend validation library... not only rewrite... I believe that extending validation class is better practice then adding your own code to it. Think how painful will be future uppdates Smile

EDIT: Yes I can confirm u can extend validation class... how to do it it is written in user manual Smile

OK. I think I've found it. Creating libraries: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...aries.html, with this I should be able to extend the core validation library and add in my own functions.

Thank you. This framework is a breath of fresh air compared to the .NET bloat I've been using recently.

Cheers

Dave

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB