Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Carabiner 1.4: Asset Management Library

[eluser]tonydewan[/eluser]
I just updated the download to version 1.42, which includes the BASEPATH to FCPATH change mentioned by fxdc, as well as some updates to the method documentation.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
How hard would it be to include the script to minimize the files? I seem to prefer this library over assetlibpro but would like to be able to minify my files first. Gzip isn't so important to me currently.

Edit: Oh wait i think i got the wrong end of the stick, it just doesnt use packer to make the js unreadable and doesn't include gzip.

That's right. It will minify JS using JSMin, it just won't obfuscate using Packer.

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
can i use carabiner without config file like previous versions. well nice job i like this library from its first release.

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
[quote author="umefarooq" date="1245079582"]can i use carabiner without config file like previous versions. well nice job i like this library from its first release.[/quote] sorry i fond the solution its really amazing, again nice job.

[eluser]topherdan1[/eluser]
On line 654 in the carabiner class, I think that
Code:
if( !isset($this->js[$group]) ):

should read:
Code:
if( !isset($this->css[$group]) ):

Change 'js' to 'css'

This helps fixed a bug for when you define a group that is only supposed to display CSS files.

I've made the fix and updated the library (and download) to 1.43. Thanks for catching this issue!

Thanks for the quick fix! There are two features that I am interested in implementing on the library:

1. Have the cache automatically rebuild when the files have changed.
2. A smooth process for rebuilding the cache and then syncing the updated files to the a content delivery network when in production mode.

Have any thoughts about how to implement these features?

1. Carabiner will automatically build new cache files when the files have changed. If it's not doing so for you, let me know.

2. This is something I've been thinking about lately. It wouldn't be super hard to implement. You would need to update the _cache function to do whatever is necessary to connect to your CDN (I think you could even use another library for this) and write to it. You would also need to change the style_uri and script_uri to be appropriate for your CDN.

What CDN are you using? I might be interested in abstracting some of this out to make working with a CDN easier...

I am using Amazon's CDN, CloudFront.

Two options that I can think of:
- 1. If the file is in production mode, whenever the cache is rebuilt it automatically syncs it to the CDN
- 2. There is batch script that is run as part of syncing the file to the production server which will check if the files have change and if so rebuild the cache and synch it to the CDN

The CDN credentials and whether a CDN is being used could be placed in the config file so that it's simple to implement.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB