Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Accounting Apps

[eluser]workshed[/eluser]
Hi, we're looking for a CI-based account app that can be integrated into an existing web application. Does anyone know if any built with CI that are enterprise level? Looking for accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, recurring payments, journal entries, etc. as they would relate to property rental services. Bonus points for an API we can use to tap into the functionality.

Thx.

-Bret

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
The only financial application I've come accross written in CI is Bamboo Invoive, although as the name suggests, it's an invoiving application, although you might get some ideas if you go to make your own

You mention wanting an API which would suggest you don't really want to hack the core of a given application, so maybe a non CI app would suffice? Or is the API for other external applications to hook into?

Non-ci would work, indeed. We've checked out a few though and the underlying code was pretty gnarly. Either kludgey procedural code or using a semi-obscure framework.

Open to suggestions, for sure. Thanks for the pointer to bamboo invoice. I'll check into that more.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I know what you mean, I just had a look at the top few PHP accounting apps on sourceforge... picking a few file at random to look at (after noticing the lack of model, view and controller directories) I had to close it before I resorted to gauging my eyes out :p

Oh well, good luck in your hunt Wink Let us know if you find any half decent ones (or build your own)

I did find this:

http://www.nolapro.com/

The app is all encrypted, but the encouraging part is that it has a full API and the API is written in CakePHP, which is a good start. Really, if it has a strong API, that may be all we need.

Thanks again!

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
This sounds like a pretty tenuously CI-related question.

OpenBravo might do what you want - I looked at it ages ago, and it seems to be growing quite nicely.

Sorry, didn't mean to direct it away from CI, as I'd prefer a CI solution. Regardless, thanks for the link to OpenBravo. I'll definitely check it out!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB