Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
java applet issue

[eluser]hamm[/eluser]
Hello, I am trying to get a java applet to work in a view.

<APPLET CODE="<?=site_url()?>/linegraph.class" HEIGHT=400 WIDTH=400>
<PARAM NAME=NumberOfVals VALUE=4>
<PARAM NAME=NumberOfLabs VALUE=4>
<PARAM NAME=YLabFrequency VALUE=10>
<PARAM NAME=KeyWidth VALUE=100>

</APPLET>

it works great outside of CI, however I cannot get it to load inside a view. I have tried base_url(), site_url() and several other paths. The Java console continues to report not being able to find the file.

Does anyone have any idea what path I need to use. My CI dir structure is standard on a wamp development environment. I have tried putting it in the root of the site as well as several other folders.

Please help! Getting desperate. (I have found two posts on similar topics but had no luck with those either).

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I'd suggest you use this:
Code:
<APPLET CODE="<?php echo base_url(); ?>linegraph.class" HEIGHT=400 WIDTH=400>

[eluser]hamm[/eluser]
As I stated in my original post, I've tried both site_url and base_url to no avail.

Yes, but you mentioned nothing about your removing the leading '/' from the trailing path, since that would have been causing the error. You're base_url should have a trailing slash, so you shouldn't need to prefix it onto your path. If your base_url has the trailing slash, then the URL you'll be calling would be something like http://yoursite.tld.com//linegraph.class which is not a valid URL.

[eluser]hamm[/eluser]
My apologies, I had tried that already as well. Tried your suggestion verbatim, no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Do you have an htaccess file in your Web root?

[eluser]hamm[/eluser]
I don't.

Is there anywhere we can see the page online? It would probably help a lot. Can you access it directly via the address bar? If so, then base_url is probably configured incorrectly.

[eluser]hamm[/eluser]
sure:

go to: http://www.procaresolution.com/index.php/login

u: hambone
p: hambone

thanks for your help

Hmm. I can access the file directly, so I think the way you have it at the moment works fine. I don't feel that the problem is CodeIgniter, but more likely to be one of your configuration options or something along those lines. I can't understand the error message that's given though.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB