Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
So, I picked up a fantastic domain..

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
Now I'm trying to decide what to do with it!

The domain I snagged is geeklan.com

Could turn it into a crazy repository of information.

Could turn it into a "LAN Meetup" sort of site (Who really does LAN Parties these days anyhow?)

I love this community. What kind of sites do you all wish existed/were available/wouldn't mind seeing?

[eluser]coolfactor[/eluser]
geeklan.com is a wicked domain. All the best finding its purpose.

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
I think I've figured out what I'm going to do with GeekLAN.

Possibility of "Local" networking with other geeks and/or gamers (Something like meetup.com, except more specifically for Gamers and developers).

GeekLAN itself almost screams "Make me into a LAN Party website!". Something like that requires a significant amount of resources to get off the floor, so I'll leave it up as a community/social tool.
----

Other ideas:

GeekLAN will have two parts - each possibly broken down even further:

Geek-Gamer -> An e-zine style site covering reviews/previews of up-and-coming games.
Geek-Gamer-Re/Previews -> As a community-run portal/e-zine? Might be to hefty.

Geek-Developer -> An e-zine style site covering tutorials and various topics relating to application development (initially covering only PHP)
Geek-Developer-Re/Previews -> Covering the development of new Open Source and Commercial software

GeekLAN -> (Main site cover) -> Place to gather and setup small to medium-sized LAN-Party events - local to a given area.
GeekLAN-Community -> Community driven side of the site. This will be for "community" alerts of upcoming (public/open-invite) LAN Events.

My first idea is to work initially on the Geek-Gamer site - mainly to get myself a bit more familiar with CodeIgniter (I'm minimally aware of it's full range of functionality).

Tell me what you think!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB