Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
log_threshold not honored

[eluser]Zack Kitzmiller[/eluser]
I have log_threshold = 3; in my config file, but all messages are getting logged, any ideas?

[eluser]gtech[/eluser]
3 is a high number that logs information,debug and error messages try lowering the numebr.

[eluser]Gordaen[/eluser]
Per the user guide:

1. Error Messages. These are actual errors, such as PHP errors or user errors.
2. Debug Messages. These are messages that assist in debugging. For example, if a class has been initialized, you could log this as debugging info.
3. Informational Messages. These are the lowest priority messages, simply giving information regarding some process. CodeIgniter doesn't natively generate any info messages but you may want to in your application.

[quote author="Gordaen" date="1245210332"]Per the user guide:

1. Error Messages. These are actual errors, such as PHP errors or user errors.
2. Debug Messages. These are messages that assist in debugging. For example, if a class has been initialized, you could log this as debugging info.
3. Informational Messages. These are the lowest priority messages, simply giving information regarding some process. CodeIgniter doesn't natively generate any info messages but you may want to in your application.[/quote]

Exactly, then 4 is _all_ messages, which should log Error, Debug, and Info. Correct?

4 and 3 would be redundant.

I only want info messages.

[quote author="gtech" date="1245209914"]3 is a high number that logs information,debug and error messages try lowering the numebr.[/quote]

Then what does 4 add to that? I only want 'info'

[eluser]Gordaen[/eluser]
You're setting a threshold, so anything matching that or below will be logged.

If you want, you could make MY_Log and have it function as you want (== vs <=). You might consider changing it to use an array of values, so you could potentially log multiple levels (e.g., 1 and 3).

[eluser]gtech[/eluser]
not sure what 4 adds to that if I'm honest.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB