Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Controllers and Models with Flash Views

[eluser]KJTED[/eluser]
Hello all,
I'm building an application in Code Igniter, my second infact but this time i'm using CI views for testing the application works. Eventually I'll be using a Flash interface which will sit on top. I'm wondering if anyone has done something like this before and could advise on how difficult or straight forward this would be.

I'm hoping to perhaps have a go-between script or something like amfphp to access my models and controllers.

Advice on this would be fantastic as I may be throwing myself into the deep end with this one.

Cheers

KJ

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
The CI view just passes html, so you could easily embed Flash into that (I did it on DerekAllard.com for a long time before I switched to EE). If you need Flash talking to a db, take a look at http://weblogs.macromedia.com/flashjavascript/.

[eluser]KJTED[/eluser]
Thanks Derek, that looks pretty interesting, I'll take a look at that incase it comes in handy.

Essentially what I'm looking for is a way for my flash movie to interface with my controller and models, perhaps through something like an abstraction class.

Preferably I'm looking for an example of sorts that I can build from.

Thanks,

KJ

[eluser]KJTED[/eluser]
Hi Derek,
I managed to get something working fairly well... you can see how I did it on my blog posting. I pooled together some posts that I found through searching Google and it works pretty good.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Well done. You should add it to the wiki, or the tutorial thread stickied in the forum.

[eluser]KJTED[/eluser]
Will do. I'm working on getting it to handle recordsets from the database. When I have that working I'll post it up on the wiki for you Smile

[eluser]KJTED[/eluser]
Returning query results from CodeIgniter models using AMFPHP, CI and FLASH

I'll post this up onto the Wiki. Unfortunately I'm not too good at writing up tutorials so perhaps someone can tidy it up once I've posted it. I've also got some links to add as references and credits.

Enjoy.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB