Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Parse Error in /system/libraries/Output.php

[eluser]phpserver[/eluser]
I have encountered a problem.Everytime i try visiting the welcome controller,i get a parse error in line 328 of Output.php file.

What could be the cause of this?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Is this a clean install? What version you using, cause I just checked (version 1.7.1) and line 328 is a comment

Yes its a clean install.My troubles started when i ditched redhat linux for windows xp professional and i can happily report to Nerdshire Daily report that "Security in Windows and bull poop in the same sentence is perfectly correct grammar".I tried installing ci version 1.7.1,what,a fortnight ago and i run into the parse error problem.I was using wamp then.I tried using xampp and the problem was the same.

I try commenting out line 328 and it works.I think my problems are over but when i try running a sample app(and i have done this 'countless' times in the past) and i hit a snag.Here is my question.You said that line 328 is a comment,well in mine,its not.What is the cause of this?.Could there be a virus that actually goes this far into distorting zipped code or is my editor removing the comment(by the way i use dreamweaver 8)?

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
Are you sure you're running 1.7.1 ?

My line 328 is also a comment...

I agree its a comment.In my computer,once i unzip my 1.7.1 distibution,line 328 is not a comment.i am not very familiar with windows but someone suggested i get the best anti-virus.

Thanks.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Can you either paste the function which line 328 resides in, or attatch you're file
I don't know of any virus that randomly changes lines in a text file :-S And I also doubt the file is correpted as the can view it ok

Maybe try some other archive program, so if you're using WinZip, try winrar or 7zip etc

Ok,i will paste the Output.php.I will also put the ci distribution that has the error.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB