Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Freeware FXP Client for Windows XP

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Hi everyone. Up until now, I've used Filezilla for all of my FTP needs, but now I need to be able to transfer files from server to server, and FXP seems to be about the only thing that Filezilla can't do. Does anyone know of a freeware FXP client for Windows XP that can? I'm not fussed about other features and user interface, since I have Filezilla to fill in for everything else.

Many thanks in advance.

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
You could try FlashFXP, which has a 30 day trial. It's one of the best FTP clients for Windows.

Good thinking. I just might do that, although I will still need to find something for the future also. Thanks.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
SmartFTP also supports it has has a free trial (although never used it as Filezilla has been good enough for me so far)

If all FXP is, is transfering files directly between servers, assuming you can get shell access to one of them, can you not just do a scp (or similar)?

Mainly due to the overhead involved. Encrypted connections from my server seem to be severely slow. I use Novell's NetDrive (which is no longer developed), which essentially mounts an FTP location as a localdrive. It's not without it's problems, and usually works, but today it went pear-shaped and it just doesn't want to work again. Perhaps I need a bigger hammer?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB