Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Form Re-populate Problem

[eluser]Multisnet[/eluser]
I need some help please.. I'm trying to repopulate a form.

in controller:
Code:
function validateUserRegistration(){
$this->load->library('form_validation');
$this->form_validation->set_rules('name', 'Name', 'required');
if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE){
$this->template->write_view('reg_conteudos_centro', 'paciente_form_registo');
$this->template->render();
}
else{
echo("Success!!");
}
}

in view:
Code:
(...)
<?=form_open('registo_p_ctr/validateUserRegistration'); ?>
<?php echo validation_errors(); ?>
<label>
&lt;input name="name" type="text" id="name" style="width:280px;" value="&lt;?php echo set_value('name'); ?&gt;"&gt;
</label>
(...)
&lt;?=form_close(); ?&gt;

When the validation fails it shows again the form. The errors are displayed correctly, but the form doesn't show the values that user previously entered. However I could repopulate the form if i use $_POST['field_name'].

Could you help me? After reading for a while, I can't realize what I'm doing wrong..

PS: In my form I've more fields. Of course that the above code isn't a good example because to display the error (required) the User need to submit the form without filling the name field, so it's obviously that there wouldn't be nothing to repopulate.

I'm so dumb... I realize what I'm doing wrong.. As I'm only testing I forgot to apply validation rules to other fields so the form_validation couldn't "know" the fields.

Sorry Wink

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I don't know how the template parser you're using works, so what I'd suggest, is that you call set_value() from within your controller, and assign the return value as a variable to be used by your view.

EDIT: D'oh!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB