Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
When does Autoload Happen?

[eluser]Zack Kitzmiller[/eluser]
I'm trying to write a hook, that determines the subdomain, and pulls account information based on that 37Signals style, but it seems that autoload's no longer work.

If I load all models by hand in the pre-controller hook, it works fine, for some reason autoload doesn't work.

Or maybe I'm doing this all wrong and should have build a library or something. I'm starting to go crazy over this. Who's got suggestions?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
In which hook are you trying to do this?
The autoloading takes place between the pre_controller and post_controller_constructor hook, so if you're doing pre_controller, you won't have the stuff autoloaded yet

Is there any reason why you couldn't just do this in the MY_Controller constructor?

[quote author="Dam1an" date="1245786650"]In which hook are you trying to do this?
The autoloading takes place between the pre_controller and post_controller_constructor hook, so if you're doing pre_controller, you won't have the stuff autoloaded yet

Is there any reason why you couldn't just do this in the MY_Controller constructor?[/quote]

I really just jumped into this last night with out putting a ton of though into it. Building MY_Controller would be the best way to handle this you think?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="techneke" date="1245786734"]Building MY_Controller would be the best way to handle this you think?[/quote]

'Best' is such a subjective word. I would rather do it in MY_Controller for 2 reasons
1) I prefer MY_Controller over hooks (although there are certain times I find a hok more convenient)
2) I would probably want to set some variables in the scope of MY_Controller based on what I do with the subdomain/account info

Although this is just speculation/personal preferance at this stage, as I don;t really know too much about what you're doing

[quote author="Dam1an" date="1245788668"][quote author="techneke" date="1245786734"]Building MY_Controller would be the best way to handle this you think?[/quote]

'Best' is such a subjective word. I would rather do it in MY_Controller for 2 reasons
1) I prefer MY_Controller over hooks (although there are certain times I find a hok more convenient)
2) I would probably want to set some variables in the scope of MY_Controller based on what I do with the subdomain/account info

Although this is just speculation/personal preferance at this stage, as I don;t really know too much about what you're doing[/quote]

Would you mind having a small chat over DM or AIM, i'd be interested in your input on a couple things.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
ok, I'll send you a PM in a minute with my MSN (no way am I putting my email on these spam ridden forums Wink)

And only on the condition you summarise your findings here, so everyone can benefit (should anyone else want to do something similar) Smile

[eluser]Mahmoud M. Abdel-Fattah[/eluser]
I've the SAME QUESTION now, and I used MY_Controller, but I faced a problem.

If user visit :
http://username.domain.com/
http://other-username.domain.com/ (WITHOUT any CONTROLLER NAME)
MY_Controller will be loaded, then default controller, and I can manage everything. so if user access :

but IF user visit :
http://other-username.domain.com/any-word-here/ (WITH any CONTROLLER NAME)
MY_Controller wont be loaded, and 404 error will be shown cause there's no (any-word-here) controller.

so now, I want to make my code run even before CodeIgniter look for controllers.

after searching, I found I should use hooks, but I've another questions, can I use CodeIgniter Libraries & Helpers in hooks ??

I mean can I use the following code in hook ?
Code:
$query = $this->db->query('SELECT `subdomain` FROM `retailers` WHERE `subdomain`=' .$this->db->escape($this->config->item('user_base_url')));
if($query->num_rows() !== 0) {
    if( ! $this->session->userdata('logged_in') AND $this->uri->segment(1) !== "auth" AND $this->uri->segment(2) !== "login") {
        redirect('/auth/login/', 'location', 301);
        exit();
    } else {
        echo "user is logged in";
    }
} else {
    redirect('http://' . $this->config->item('tld_base_url'), 'location', 301);
}

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB