Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Internet Explorer 8 and MVC mechanics

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Wondering if anyone can shed some light on a problem I have using IE8...

Our site has been built uisng CI 1.6.3 and works flawlessly (with a grain of salt, of course) using IE6, IE7, Chrome and Firefox.

In IE8, however, we are obtaining incorrect session variable values moving from one view/page to the next (only in IE8). At first I thought the session was corrupt or I had to move to native cookies, or something. But after a little digging and error logging, I've noticed some very specific behavior.

When I click on a basic 'a href' hyperlink using IE6, IE7, Chrome or Firefox, the appropriate controller gets called once and loads the corresponding views.

When I click on the exact same 'a href' hyperlink using IE8, the appropriate controller gets called and loads the views THEN... the controller gets called 6 more times. The problem wouldn't as big of a problem if the single parameter being passed to the controller (an ID numeric value) was correct.

The first time the controller gets called, the parameter is correct. Every subsequent time, the parameter is incorrect - and hence screws up my session variables. I assume the parameter passed is correct and store it in the session.

Anyone have any ideas why this happens? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

TM

[eluser]minutes2memories[/eluser]
hi there,

not sure about the fact that it only happens in IE8 but i had a similar 'loads view, then calls controller several times with odd parameters' problem last week. i found, based on the following, that it was because of a missing file (in my case favicon.ico of all things) as per the following thread:

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/113913/

it may not be the issue but as this thread was deathly quiet i thought i'd throw in my two cents (just to mix some metaphors).

andrewg.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB