Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI and IIS

[eluser]gigas10[/eluser]
Hey there,

I've read in a couple of different google searches, but have been unable to find a suitable solution. I'm running, well not me but the IT department, is running IIS as the web server. CI runs fine, however I'm required to set $config['enable_query_strings'] = TRUE; and use the urls like /CI/index.php?c=controller&m=function instead of /CI/index.php/controller/function. This is kind of making me mad as some of the helper files do not work with URL's like this. What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix this. /CI/index.php/controller/function gives me a 404, but not a CI 404, just a regular old 404.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Try adding ? after index.php, that seems to fix a lot of IIS issues, it's documented in the user guide

[eluser]gigas10[/eluser]
I tried that, nothing changed. It's weird too, because I'm getting inconsistent 404's errors, I think it might be the IT people who don't understand how to run a webserver. I get 2 different types of 404's, neither code igniter 404 though.

[eluser]gigas10[/eluser]
Actually good call, but now my site is like this, /CI/?/controller instead of /CI/controller... I can deffinately live with this, but if you know how to get rid of the ? that would be superb. Thank you in advanced.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
If you're using a htaccess, you could tweak the rewrite rule to include the ? as needed

[eluser]gigas10[/eluser]
I didn't think IIS supported htaccess files. Also, I'm trying to avoid installing any type of isapi filters on the server as it won't be "supported" by the IT people downstairs.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="gigas10" date="1245804966"]I didn't think IIS supported htaccess files.[/quote]

You're right, how silly of me, I'm stuck in my apache ways lol
I guess you'll have to wait for an IIS expert to come along

[eluser]gigas10[/eluser]
lol no problem. I've tried my best to convince them to use linux/unix server environment, but they are afraid of change and learning new things.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB