Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Wierd Login Problems

[eluser]mDonchev[/eluser]
Hello Guys,

I have a really strange problem with the login procedure on one of my projects.

The site is : www.Radio.bg
The site is in Bulgarian so I apologize in advance. You can see the login line on the top of the pages (with dark blue background) and try login with this:
login: mDonchevGmail
password: testing

The Problem:
Using Firefox, I can login every time. But when I use Chrome or Internet Explorer, sometimes I cannot login (dont even get an error message like I should).
After trying several times... I accidently got logged in..
So I dont know why sometimes using these browsers I cannot login..

I'm using simple session based login procedure. Nothing special.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Martin
THanks
Martin

[eluser]Josh Ellis[/eluser]
Hi Martin,

I couldn't replicate your login issues with IE7 or Chrome. I recently, however, experienced a very similar issue with IE7 in an application we built on a similar framework to CI. Finally, we were able to rectify the issue by removing session_regenerate_id() from the workflow.

This isn't an ideal outcome for us, but it's an interim fix. I'd love to be able to point out your exact issue and I wish you best of luck.

On a side note, that site takes a LONG time to load. Obviously there's a fair whack of information there, but is there any way you can optimise what's loading on the page?

[eluser]mDonchev[/eluser]
Hi Josh,

Can you please tell me what this session_regenerate_id() is ?

As for the long loading time, do you see this delay only on the login procedure... or everywhere on the site?

On the login procedure I just make a sql query to check if the user exists; set a session variable, and run a phpBB3 autologin procedure... (the last one is a ready made procedure from the phpBB developers)...

Thanks
Martin

[eluser]outrage[/eluser]
I once had a very similar problem to yourself which I noticed after setting 'expires headers' in my htaccess file.
I could login fine with Firefox but IE didn't want to play.

Hope you sort out your problem quickly.

[eluser]enjoyfrancis[/eluser]
I am experiencing this too, I just didn't know it worked with firefox because my client was using IE6. I tested it on my localmachine and it worked but when I test it online, it fails.
I notice the sessions on the database was creating an entry of logged in the a logged out,
so I had the conclusion it really logs and then logs out.

Please let me know of any recommendations and suggestions.

Thank you very much

[eluser]enjoyfrancis[/eluser]
I just fixed an issue like this.
I edited the config file

$config['sess_expiration'] = 72000;

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB