Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
2.0 - seriously, whats taking so long?

[eluser]Mohsen32[/eluser]
[quote author="jayrulez" date="1249043487"][quote author="Mohsen32" date="1249042866"][quote author="jayrulez" date="1249042244"][quote author="Mohsen32" date="1249041250"]Is this true "officialy" that we're gonna pay something for CI 2.0?[/quote]

CI is open source. Where did you get that "info"?[/quote]

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/75600[/quote]

lol have you read the whole thread and checked the date on those posts?[/quote]

Yes of course, just because it's old it doesn't mean it's all wrong. It maybe true.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
I think you better go back to that thread and read all of it over again!

Enjoy
InsiteFX

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Quote:Yes of course, just because it’s old it doesn’t mean it’s all wrong. It maybe true.

It was posted on April fools day, and throughout the entire thread people refer to it as a joke, including 2 staff members. If you still have concerns about the cost of CI 2... well, I was going to post a RickRoll link, but I'm not that cruel.

[eluser]thePiet[/eluser]
[quote author="waldmeister" date="1249042670"]Why are you guys so crazy about 2.0?
Is there anything important missing in CI, any big bug that's gonna be fixed in 2.0 instead of 1.7.2?

True, CI will undergoe some changes as EE2 will be based on CI...but that's it...atleast as far as I know.

I'm perfectly fine with 1.7.1/1.7.2 right now...take your time @ 2.0![/quote]

Indeed, so guys, what are you guys so crazy about?

[eluser]mjsilva[/eluser]
Can't wait for version 10 I'll bet it will be awesome!!

Seriously the only thing a miss is some kind of jquery/ajax helper (and that's just because I'm lazy) the rest is perfectly fine!

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
[quote author="mjsilva" date="1249083047"]
Seriously the only thing a miss is some kind of jquery/ajax helper (and that's just because I'm lazy) the rest is perfectly fine![/quote]
No offence , but jquery helper ? Come on ...
L.E:
Since i am here , for the CI core developers : PLEASE , but PLEASE don't change the way CI works . I know that php 5.3 is out there with some changes but still , i am looking at the lots of available frameworks and i am stupefied of how many things i should do to get a working page.
CI is PERFECT the way it is , that makes it different by other frameworks and on top of them.
I can wait for next version even 1 year , doesn't matter as long as the coding and practice style of this framework will be the same , is just , is so simple to code with CI and i don't want to learn other kind of framework and i am sure that out there are lots of ppl thinking like me .
Just keep it simple like it is right now ...

Jm2c Wink

[eluser]mjsilva[/eluser]
[quote author="Twisted1919" date="1249095875"][quote author="mjsilva" date="1249083047"]
Seriously the only thing a miss is some kind of jquery/ajax helper (and that's just because I'm lazy) the rest is perfectly fine![/quote]
No offence , but jquery helper ? Come on ...[/quote]

[quote author="Michael Wales" date="1246301960"]EllisLab announced ExpressionEngine 2.0 - they have never announced anything in regards to a new version of CodeIgniter (except that the next version will have some jQuery features added).[/quote]

This was what I was talking...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB