Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Pagination create_links() will not appear

[eluser]Ludatha[/eluser]
Hey, I'm have been creating a comments system for my site today and I cannot get the pagination links to appear. I have managed to get the links to appear in the past but not now. The only thing different is that I am coding this as a library not a controller.

This is my library function:
Code:
// Library = Ludatha
function getComments($type, $id, $url, $colspan = 1, $offset = 0, $perPage = 10){
        $CI =& get_instance();
        $offset2 = $offset + $perPage;
        $query = $CI->db->query("SELECT * FROM comments WHERE forId = '$id' AND type = '$type' LIMIT $offset, $offset2");
        $comments = '';
        if ($query->num_rows() > 0)
        {
            $config['base_url'] = $this->baselink . $url;
            $config['total_rows'] = $query->num_rows();
            $config['per_page'] = $perPage;
            $config['uri_segment'] = 4;
            foreach ($query->result() as $row){
                $comments .= '<tr><td colspan="'.$colspan.'">comments</td></tr>';
            }
            $CI->pagination->initialize($config);
            $comments .= '<tr><th colspan="'.$colspan.'">'.$CI->pagination->create_links().'</th></tr>';
        }else{
            $comments .= '<tr><td colspan="'.$colspan.'">There are no comments yet.</td></tr>';
        }
        return $comments;
    }

Code:
$this->ludatha->getComments(1, 1, $this->ludatha->baselink . "profile/view/" . $username, 3, $comOffset)

The data appears, and when I add /10 to the end of the URL the next 10 results are displayed. The only thing wrong is the fact that the create_links() function will not show anything at all.

My errors are generally ones that I cannot see but are pretty simple, so I am sorry if this is a simple thing to fix Smile

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

- Adam

[eluser]Ludatha[/eluser]
Can anyone shed any light on this?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB