Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Jquery, Google Maps, and CI?

[eluser]Devon Lambert[/eluser]
Hello all,

I am having an incredibly difficult time trying to figure out how to implement a successful AJAXified Google Maps solution that makes use of JQuery and CI. So far, I have been having a little bit of success with digging up tutorials around the web that have spoken to Everything under the sun with regards to the G Maps API but when it comes to the AJAX requests, they make use of GET which we all know is a no go in the CI world.

For instance, I ran across this tutorial which was great for figuring out how jquery could work with the Google Maps API. Nothing to outside of the box here but then all goes out the window when he gets to his method of Server call.

Can anyone shed some light/point me in the right direction to get a Google Maps setup going with a POST ajax call?

Thank you Thank you.

[eluser]bgreene[/eluser]
is this of any use?? just view the page source to see how it works.
http://ecoland.com/index.php/home/links

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/99570/

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
here is you given example in CI, have look on it and enjoy it, right now basic i use the same code with CI and working fine you can convert further code to CI.

JQuery, GMap, CI

@umefarooq: Thanks for taking the time to convert the tutorial! I'll go ahead and check out the code and see if it works.

@jdfwarrior: This may just work as well. I was never clear on why the $_GET variable was killed in CI.

Ok umefarooq,

You are great!! True shining example of a great CI forum member. Your code was perfect and easy to follow. I can now continue the work on my application thanks to your input.

Again... Many thanks my friend. :-)

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
that' what these forum for. hope u really enjoyed the work. another GET is not working CI, always send your data with POST.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello guys

i am using CodeIgniter Google Maps V3 API Library by BIOSTALL. i am able display drag-gable markers on maps. i want to use same feature with ajax-jquery. when first time page loads i am putting drag-gable markers on map than i have option to select state and city from drop-down and last address as user press tab key my map should reload and markers should be dragged to new location based on option(state,city,address)?

any idea?
kamlesh bar

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB