Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
jQuery/Ajax form validation

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
I never said the way I mentioned was THE way to do it. It's A way. One way to do it.

Other people could make other suggestions instead of flaming on everyone else. There's a thought.

[eluser]slowgary[/eluser]
Sorry JDF, I wasn't targeting you. I was just adding a few sides of the story that I didn't see mentioned. The reason I haven't suggested a solution is that it's a complex problem to begin with, one that would probably benefit from a library itself. I've seen more than a few posts on the topic of CI form validation through AJAX and could actually benefit from it myself, but have yet to see a robust, reusable solution to the problem. Maybe I'll go and tinker with something myself. I'll let you guys know if I come up with something.

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
I'd not thought of a jquery/ci library would be an awesome combo! What I think I will do is leave what I have for beta release and work on something "Flashier" if it proves to be worth the time. Lots of food for throuhg though and the input has awesome!

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
I'd not thought of a jquery/ci library would be an awesome combo! What I think I will do is leave what I have for beta release and work on something "Flashier" if it proves to be worth the time. Lots of food for thought though and the input has awesome! Thank you.

<PLEASE DELETE DUPLICATE POST>

[eluser]By AzraiL[/eluser]
[quote author="Mat-Moo" date="1246326237"]I have some rows of data, and want the user to be able to edit a row. So I have an icon on the end which they click to go to the edit page - pretty simple stuff. I'm looking to make this slicker byusing hte jquery Facebox popup with a form inside it, works great... except that if the validation failes the screen just refreshes and any other changes you make are lost.

So it seems I need to explore Ajax in order to do this. Now I have done some basic Ajax stuff before but never in CI and with jQuery. I've done some searhcing on here and found a few samples and snippets that seem fine, but what I can't get my head around is how to redisplay the form if there are validation error?

I could do with some pointers/sample code in order for my diminishing brain to understand this bit Smile[/quote]

Mat-Moo look this my write : http://www.dev10.net/en/blog/jquery-ajax...odeigniter

File download works : http://www.dev10.net/en/file-download?id=1

Jquery form validation.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB