Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My dates have gone MAD I tell you

[eluser]meridimus[/eluser]
Hey guys, I wrote my entire site on CI. I've posted here a few times before.

Suddenly, this just happened to me (look inside posts and see how they're ordered NOT by date but by randomness).

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I use the mediatemple grid on cluster 4 if that helps you determine anything.

It worked perfectly fine before, is there anything I should look for?

[eluser]richthegeek[/eluser]
seem to be fine to me?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Try enabling the profiler by adding $this->output->enable_profiler(TRUE) to your controller constructor. You'll then be able to see what query is running.

[quote author="meridimus" date="1246335646"]It worked perfectly fine before, is there anything I should look for?[/quote]

Up until yesterday, my TV was working fine. Now it's kaput. Things change. Wink

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

I think because the grid is a cloud platform, perhaps one of the servers had their time settings wrong.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
That shouldn't affect the sort order. The stored dates shouldn't change unless you change them.

You're right, but my code hadn't changed and it's been working for months.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="meridimus" date="1246339011"]You're right, but my code hadn't changed and it's been working for months.[/quote]

Have you reached some magic numbers on anything important - thinking of 128, 256, 16k, 32k and 65k - for fields that you never thought you'd max out .. ?

That's an aweosome thing to check, but all my mediumints are 10 or 11 long and the forum isn't THAT popular — I wish!

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Sure .. I wasn't thinking so much about the 16 billion cutoffs, more the unsigned CHARs that people use for types-of-things during dev work .. happily forgetting to ever revisit them and turn 'em into INTs. That kind of thing.

For code to 'spontaneously start going wrong' - your choices are a bit limited.

Exceeding variable type capacity, corruption (intentional or accidental), or un-catered for changes in incoming data format .. and possibly a handful of other things.

It seems to have corrected itself so I'll go with... server madness.

I should mention that the dates were wrong, as in, I'd hit submit and the server would think I made the post 4 hours before. Someone else would hit submit and it would store the proper date. That's why I mentioned cloud date mismatch.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB