Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Invite friend application

[eluser]evil_penguin[/eluser]
Hey,

I have a web app and on signup I would like users to be able to connect to the likes of GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc. so they can automatically invite their friends from those apps (so really looking to return their friends email addresses).

You see a lot of apps doing this (e.g. twitter).

I'm using CodeIgniter so would be ideal if there was a library available for this or a 3rd party app that did this rather than having to go through each API and hand code myself.

Anyone know how to go about doing this?

Thanks for your time.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
There's a CI wrapper for OpenInviter which can be found here

I would like to add a function to my site that allows users to import/invite contacts from their email accounts to be friends on my site.

For example: go to www.hi5.com. If you register on this site with a gmail address, immediately after registering it asks for your gmail password to search for friends.

Here is how it would work:
-When the user registers, their homepage has this option to add friends.
-After we search their email account, we display the email addresses that we will send the email to -We let the user approve the message and they press "send".
-The email is sent to all recipients from the user's email address i.e the email he/she used for inviting friends.

:question:

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
Dam1an gave you a link to do it, it is a wrapper for http://openinviter.com/ .

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Exactly, if there's something OI doesn;t do which you need, can you be more specific, as I've never used it myself, so am just going based on what they say about it, which sounds pretty much exactly what you're after

I am not able to integrate the openinviter package in my site.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
Sorry, i do not follow. Why can you not integrate it into your project?
And secondly i do not understand what your trying to say.

What are the step to install the openinviter in CI?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Well I'm guessing a good start would be to download the OpenInviter libraries, and create a library for the wrapper class.
Depending on where you put the OI classes, you may need to change the include path in the CI wrapper
Load the CI librray as normal

The wrapper library for the openinviter is not loading when i uploaded the files on my dev site...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB