Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Credit Card varification

[eluser]russel[/eluser]
hi there

i am working in a ecommerce site powered by CI.
we use moneybookers.com to received payments from buyers.

the running procedure is:
we implemented monebookers API in our site and load the Credit Card transaction in iframe.
after buyer pay with moneybookers, we received a IPN from MB. then we update our database.

but yesterday MB recall a payment as fraud attempt. they charge back the money from our account and now we are sitting with loss.

now we plan to check the users credit cards is valid or not. and also if the buyer is the real owner of the credit card.

can anyone give me any idea for varification the CC.

thank you.

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
verification usually goes through via the merchant system that you use.

Basically it works like this (i'll use an example):

A person fills out the credit card form on your website, they say what type they have 'Visa/Mastercard/American Express/etc...', then they fill in the name on card, card number, expiry date, and verification code on back.

You would have a validation system either client-side or server-side which checks what type of card it is, then depending on whether it is Visa, Mastercard, etc... you would apply rules to it (these rules can be googled quite easilly), Visa cards for instance have 4 blocks of 4 digit numbers (eg. 1111 2222 3333 4444), American Express (i'm only guessing as i am Australian) i believe has a lot more numbers.

That's about as far as your validation goes (ie. making sure that they have provided the correct amount of numbers for the card chosen).

Then, you submit the card details (after you have validated them), to your merchant account which you might have with your bank, your bank then submits those details to the bank/credit card company that issues that card to see if it is indeed valid, if it is, the payment process will go through and you will get a 'success' response, if it isn't, you will get a failed response.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB