Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Basic setup question please

[eluser]deeaamon[/eluser]
Hi,

I've followed all of these steps and I still cannot get it work. I have changed the htaccess file but it still doesn't work for me.

I think my problem is the .htaccess file itself. I'm trying to write a system for a client that works perfectly on my servers but unfortunately he is hosting on a godaddy server.
the site i;m workin on is here www.beyondthesplinter.com/shoppingcart

As and you can see the main page comes up but any other page with the parameters gives a 404 error.

The .htaccess file already has rewrites in it for the persons webpage. Thye built it using a webpage building program called dolphin so it automatically generates a htaccess file with a lot of rewrites in it. I have attached the .htaccess file to this post.

At the end of module I put the rewrite conditions for my codeigniter file.

I already setup my config file liek the tutorial says

$config['index_page'] = "index.php?";

and

$config['uri_protocol'] = "QUERY_STRING";

I've tried all of the protocol settings.

I've spent two days trying to get this work. Can anyone help me?

[eluser]shawndr[/eluser]
I don't see the options line in your htaccess file

"Options +FollowSymLinks "

I needed it to make my Godaddy setup work.

THanks
Shawn

[eluser]deeaamon[/eluser]
I'm sorry,

after I posted this message about an hour later I was able to fix my problem. When I write my files and I create my links i have them go to index.php. Well i set up my config file to go to index.php? but I didn't change my links inside the code. that was where I kept getting the 404 error.

Its kinda funny and frustrating that it took me two days to figure that out. I kept reading about it but it never clicked

Thanks for the reply Smile
Darrell

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB