Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Maize automated database

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hay guys,

I am working in private on a CI-based database library currently codenamed Maize. It is designed to allow the handling of data structures in script without any database-level modifications whatsoever, and to moderate data relationships easily.

Client applications are provided with functionality to handle complex data systems with a minimum amount of code, using objects to represent 'nodes' in the database that can be physically interacted and then effectively 'pushed' into the system. Access in these objects is designed to mimic the use of CI's set_value() form helper function, enabling easy integration with CI's form_validation class. Effectively, the Maize library is designed to translate database design from server to script, automating frequent processes so that you can pull objects in a single one-line call rather than testing and then storing database results over ten to twenty.

Maize is almost ready for private alpha testing, so I am looking for volunteers to help to attempt to break it. Maize consists of: two models, one library, one helper script, one config file, and a three-table database. Installation is a simple drag and drop procedure, and I will provide documentation - again, when the alpha is ready - on all the methods available at the time of publication. It is hoped that alpha testers attempt to develop client application libraries on top of Maize. (I will, incidentally, provide a simple client application library to demonstrate a possible implementation.)

Please let me know via Private Message if you would be interested in testing. I will update this thread as soon as the alpha is ready and contact you personally with a download link for Maize.

Thanks,

Aneurin Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB