Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHP 4 end of life announcement, see http://php.net

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Quote:[13-Jul-2007]

Today it is exactly three years ago since PHP 5 has been released. In those three years it has seen many improvements over PHP 4. PHP 5 is fast, stable & production-ready and as PHP 6 is on the way, PHP 4 will be discontinued.

The PHP development team hereby announces that support for PHP 4 will continue until the end of this year only. After 2007-12-31 there will be no more releases of PHP 4.4. We will continue to make critical security fixes available on a case-by-case basis until 2008-08-08. Please use the rest of this year to make your application suitable to run on PHP 5.

For documentation on migration for PHP 4 to PHP 5, we would like to point you to our migration guide. There is additional information available in the PHP 5.0 to PHP 5.1 and PHP 5.1 to PHP 5.2 migration guides as well.

So... get rid of those =& Smile

[eluser]ScottR[/eluser]
Great to hear, i'll be a happy man when all the hacks which make it PHP 4 compatible are gone.

Still it'll prolly end up like apache whereby apache 2 is there, but apache 1.4 does pretty much anything you need so no one bothers upgrading.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
This wasnt a very nice birthday present, they could have waited untill the 14th to give me a headache, wouldnt have been noticeable over the already-present throbbing head...

Lets get studying those migration guides! At least PHP 6 doesnt look like much trouble to move to, just gets rid of archaic crap which I havent used in YEARS.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB