Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Faster Application

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Also, is GZip turned on? Finally, this is all based off of a development laptop which really doesn't mean anything at all - try throwing it up on your real production server and see what performance is like.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I know by experience that XAMPP is not the fastest local webservertool around.
I'm sure if you try it online it'll go faster else try easyphp of usbwebserver.
htey are much fast local tools

[eluser]JoostV[/eluser]
Caching would give you a real performance boost.

If you cannot cache the entire page, use Zend_Cache. It is part of the Zend Framework and supports partial chaching. Cool stuff!

It supports caching to file, APC, memcached, etc.

Zend_Cache can be use stand-alone, i.e. without using the entire Zend Framework. It can easily be made part of your CI app. You will find a crude example here: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/99589/

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
@michael Wales - I am working with gzip disabled because not all servers support gzip, otherwise I'll get a blank page

@eracoon - I really don't care about xampp, if is fast or not. I have just added benchmark tools to BambooInvoice, which is more complicated than my project and runs faster.

@JoostV - I found that xampp has in its php.ini options to enable zend cache, APC, xdebug and eaccelerator. I've enabled eAccelerator and is taking at most 0.2s to run and max 0.4MB ram, without CI cache. So is pretty good, but not all servers have eAccelerator installed.

@Yorick Peterse - please post your tips here: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/123558/ . thank you

[eluser]JoostV[/eluser]
Zend_Cache has nothing to do with php.ini Smile It is part of Zend Framework.

Just include Zend_Cache files in your path and call stuff like

Code:
require_once '/path/to/Zend/Cache.php';
// Initiate your cache. You only need to do this once.
$frontendOptions = array('lifetime' => 7200, 'automatic_serialization' => true);
$backendOptions = array('cache_dir' => 'path/to/cache/');
$cache = Zend_Cache::factory('Core', 'File', $frontendOptions, $backendOptions);

// Try to get result from cache, or store it in cache if it is not there yet
if( ! $result = $cache->load('result_from_expensive_action') ) { // Result is not in cache
    $this->load->model('expensive_model');
    $result = $this->expensive_model->some_exspensive_function;
    if(!$result = $cache->load('result_from_expensive_action')) { // Save the result to cache so it will be available next time
}

echo $result; // Result can be anything: db data, html output for a partial view, etc.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB