Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Paid Support

Hi all,

This is my first post, I am very interested to know that if the new owners of Codeigniter will be offering a paid support service for those paranoid web developers and businesses alike?

In my personal experience, in most big development projects, the respective businesses require a support service from the software developers (codeigniter) in order to comply with other SLA's.

Cheers,
Nick

No, BCIT will not be offering paid support for CodeIgniter.

The intent is that the framework be community-driven, which includes support, using this forum.

You will get support from the community or can pay for a freelancer.

nick1973_5
Paid support equals to hire somebody to do/fix something for you.
At the same time bugs in the framework are fixed for free.
So where is the point to pay for a free service?
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

There are lots of us on here and else where that do paid support. Just contact us if you need it.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

If you want paid support. There is ellislabs with their Expression Engine system.

You can just hire me. I'll do it. Tongue
PurdyDesigns Website Design, Development. Also Including Web Hosting. Print Media, server deployment and management, and more!

There are many of us who will help you with problems for free, if you are learning and being part of the community.

Some of us also work in this industry and will happily take on paid work to either develop, support or maintain and existing project.

Just ask, PM and I or someone else will be happy to help as appropriate.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 12:09 AM by tapan.thapa.)

My 2 cents...

Go and add an odesk job for your problem and than too many people will surely apply for your job.

However if you want to do it stuff on your own or wanting to learn, come back here with your questions and we will surely try to provided help free of cost. Smile

Maybe what Nick meant that he requires a paid service to act as "support" to be legally included in big co's SLAs. Normally institution in banking would require reputable firms to act as support as part of their SLA with software vendors.

However, I'm basing this on my experience with proprietary software. Maybe open source software applies differently when included in legal agreements.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB