Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
When will CI support PHP 5.3?

[eluser]satanrulehis[/eluser]
Hi all !!!
Can you tell me when CI support full PHP 5.3.
Thanks

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
What part of it doesn't work with 5.3?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Here's one:

PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wwwroot-connect\system\codeigniter\Common.php on line 123
PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\wwwroot-connect\system\codeigniter\Common.php on line 129

PHP 5.3
Deprecated features:

Assigning the return value of new by reference is now deprecated.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Same problem for me:

Code:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\SERVER\xampp\htdocs\imobiliar\system\codeigniter\Common.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in D:\SERVER\xampp\htdocs\imobiliar\system\codeigniter\Common.php on line 136
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Filename: codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php

Line Number: 60

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: libraries/Loader.php

Line Number: 255

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
Have a looksie here:
http://theosmblog.com/2009/07/25/fresh-i...r-running/

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
That solution for the permitted_uri_charsonly happens to work because the default permitted_uri_chars setting has the \- at the end of the pattern, but if you move it, or add to it, you're liable to trigger preg_match() compilation "range out of order" failures. So you not only need an array() in the str_replace() to replace double escaped dashes, but you also must add '-' to the preg_quote() so that the str_replace() doesn't mess things up on older versions of PHP where preg_quote() doesn't automatically add it.

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
We need a update release of CodeIgniter. We can make official release say 1.7.2 to support latest php version.

coz it hurts CodeIgniter image.

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
How exactly is it hurting CodeIgniter's image? Also: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/124643/.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="Yash" date="1248905704"]We need a update release of CodeIgniter. We can make official release say 1.7.2 to support latest php version.

coz it hurts CodeIgniter image.[/quote]

But part of CIs image is that it is PHP4 and 5

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
I love CI that why can't bear if someone say CI becomes outdated... anyways thank you for explanation

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB