Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Generation meta tags on the fly

[eluser]griser[/eluser]
Is there a way to generate meta tags on the fly(library,helper,plugin) due to misc recommendations like on www.seobugz.com?

[eluser]slowgary[/eluser]
Generating meta tags "on the fly" will not help SEO.

The answer is 'YES', there is a way. If you store them in a database or some other data source, you could fetch them with a query and pass them to your view, which could then echo them to the browser.

[eluser]griser[/eluser]
it's a kind of joke? it's a way to take it from database where it should be manually typed, I meant to generate meta tags from page contents.

I don't know if that's a good idea.

I'm sure you could generate meta tags automatically, but will that really give you the best meta tags for your site's purpose? How would your script know which words were important to you? If it used word frequency, your meta tags would probably end up with keywords like 'the', 'a', 'and'. I think the best way is to determine which search keyword results you want your site to appear in, then make sure those keywords are in your titles, your meta tags, your headings and your general content.

Do you have any ideas of how an application could determine which keywords were relevant to the site's overall purpose? I think if you could write an app that properly determined meta keywords, it might sell for a lot of money.

[eluser]griser[/eluser]
I meant the way to generate and paste meta tags to content:
1. Prepare content (without meta tags) without outputting it to users's browser
2. Output data with meta tags to user's browser

I'm sorry, I wish I could understand. I think your idea is being lost in translation.

I can only see two possible ways to generate meta tags "on the fly".

1. Storing meta tags in the same database as the page content, and outputting them to the page via server-side scripting. This would require both content and meta tags to be written by a human, but they would be "generated dynamically" as opposed to being in a static HTML page.

2. "Generating" meta tags "on the fly" based on page contents. The page's contents would be written by a human, but this meta tags would be "generated" by a script based on the page's stored contents using some sort of SEO savvy algorithm. This seems like it would be very hard to implement.

I don't know any other way to interpret this:
Quote:I meant the way to generate and paste meta tags to content:
1. Prepare content (without meta tags) without outputting it to users’s browser
2. Output data with meta tags to user’s browser

[eluser]coolgeek[/eluser]
[quote author="griser" date="1248179995"]I meant the way to generate and paste meta tags to content:
1. Prepare content (without meta tags) without outputting it to users's browser
2. Output data with meta tags to user's browser[/quote]

If you're asking how to code this, it would be similar to a dynamically generated title in your template:

Code:
<title><?php echo "$title"; ?></title>

slowgary - it's very common to generate meta tags from, for example, the tag phrases that users organically assign to content

[eluser]griser[/eluser]
Something like this:

$strContent = $this->load->view("test",$data,true);
$data['meta_desc'] = somefunction($strContent);
$data['meta_keys'] = somefunction1($strContent);
$data['...']
$this->load->view("test",$data);

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB