Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Integrated forum and content manager in CI

[eluser]Ñuño Martínez[/eluser]
Hello all. Smile

I was looking at forums but I haven't find something definitive.

I'll create a website with a forum and a content manager plus CodeIgniter to add functionality to all. I'm not sure if it's a good idea and what's the best forum engine and content manager to integrate CI (suggested phpBB 3 and Joomla), or if it's better to do it without CI and code the extensions "directly".

Do you have any experience? Is it easy, hard, a hell,...? What do you recommend?

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
If you want to use CodeIgniter it would be best to use it 100% instead of having two hacked together code-bases.

I spent years working in (and for) the PNphpBB community jamming Postnuke CMS and phpBB 2 together. It was NOT easy.

This is partially self-promotion but I would take a look at PyroCMS. I plan on releasing a forum module for this, but am waiting to hear back from a contributor who may have a better one than my old unfinished and unreleased forum module.

You could always have a go at finishing off the forum module yourself if you are up to the task. :-)

Alternatively wait for ExpressionEngine 2 which has a forum module and is built in CI. However, pure awesomeness comes at a price.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB