Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SSL Certificates and Merchant Gateway

[eluser]Cro_Crx[/eluser]
Hey all

I've got a new client who requested an online shopping application to be built. I plan on building it on CI (instead of using other shopping cart software).

I've had a read through and i'm fairly sure I understand the process, seems simple enough, someone please correct me if anything is missing:

1) You get a merchant bank account at your preferred bank
2) Find a nice host that you can get SSL certificates from
3) Find a nice company that does merchant gateway services
4) Don't store any credit card details on the website, pay the extra $10 a month and get the merchant to store them for you.

OK. So i'd rather the client go through a shared hosting provider (at least while the website is small). Saves me having to do anything on my VPS.

So i'm looking for a good host that provides basic PHP5, mySQL and SSL certs on a shared server.
I also need a good merchant gateway service, I was looking at authorize.net after reading through the forums a bit as people mentioned they are quite good.I'm just wondering if anyone would know rough costs of an initially small website with a small amount of sales for a merchant gateway service, as their website doesn't say specifically the setup and other costs involved.

If anyone can let me know how much it cost them roughly that would be a big help!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB