Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sessions via iframe.. creates new row in ci_session every request

[eluser]jstrebel[/eluser]
Yeah long title.
But,

I essentially coded a wordpress plugin, that opens a thickbox iframe back into a CI app.
There is some odd behavior in some browsers but not others.

In Safari (mac) and firefox 3(win) when calling the iframe it creates 1 row in the ci_session table.. subsequent calls to CI app (diff methods in same controller) use that session as expected. sessions vars are consistent each call.

Ie7 (win) and Firefox 3.5(Mac) it creates a new row in the ci_session every request. So every time the iframe opens.. it creates a new row (new session) in the ci_sessions table. So anything that was in the session is wiped as a new one is created every request. 10 calls to the method = 10 new rows in ci_sessions. Pretty much makes it impossible to save any sort of state from method to method.

Any ideas?

[eluser]jstrebel[/eluser]
doubled checked just me sure. all browsers in question are accepting cookies.. I can see my named cookie my app is storing. But again a new session is still being created every request.

[eluser]elvix[/eluser]
i might check the order of libraries in config/autoload, or wherever you're loading the database and sessions libs. db needs to come before sessions, otherwise you get a lot of strange behavior.

i've had issues with this in the past. might not be it, but always good to check everything. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB