Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ongoing problem - IE and sessions

[eluser]deco10[/eluser]
I'm running out of steam here. I have tried everything suggested to me (as far as I can tell) and I'm still having random problems.

2% or so of IE users can't log in to my site. It appears that code igniter isn't setting their session data properly. I'm using the simplelogin library.

They click login and they are redirected to the login page (if they logged in, they would go to the same page then be redirected to the members section).

I have:
$this->output->set_header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
$this->output->set_header("Pragma: no-cache");

anytime I redirect or load a view. I use 'refresh' anytime I redirect. It seems like the page is reloading all the images and content on the page, so presumably that is doing what it should.

On a problem computer I managed to get my hands on I observed the following:
I'm able to set a cookie in the users browser (for the "Remember Me" function).
It seems like it sets the "logged_in" userdata but it only lasts for 1 page load then is gone. What gets me is this only happens to a few people. Can we ask all the IE users to get with the times? Not really. Also, This time I have ensured my server clock is correct.
If I log in with bad credentials it comes back with the appropriate error message as I've programmed it to do.
The security settings are set to medium. There are other sites that they can log into. They're also able to log into the "old site" which uses a passwd file without any issues (this might have no bearing, but I thought it was worth including)

Please offer any further suggestions you have,

Greatly appreciated. Smile

[eluser]deco10[/eluser]
I really appreciate how patient you have all been with my repeated b*tching and moaning. I did a few things that resolved this issue, although not the proper way.

I added $_SESSION['logged_in'] = true to the simplelogin script and any time I checked $this->session->userdata('logged_in') I also included || isset($_SESSION['logged_in'])

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB