Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Who will help develop a forum?

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Howdy,

I have made several useful generic libraries for CodeIgnitor which I plan to reuse as often as possible for clients. One thing I have yet to create is a forum system. As I am not a man with a huge amount of spare time, I am willing to create one that can be shared with others if 1 or more people help.

Im not talking phpBB3 or SMF here, im talking a nice basic bulliten board, much like the one on this site. Some basic BBCode, topics, forums (private messaging, registration and permissions have already been coded) and email notification, but nothing much more.

Shouldnt take us long to do at all.

Anyone wanna join in?

Phil

[eluser]MrEnirO[/eluser]
Do you think on using any authentication and template library?

I have already made my own authentication and template libraries. It shouldnt be too hard to modifiy the forum afterwards to use popular methods, or in fact could be written with multiple libraries in mind.

Example:

Code:
if(is_object($this->fal_front)):
$uid = whatever
else:
$uid = $this->my_user->getID();
endif;

Compatibility ftw.

[eluser]MrEnirO[/eluser]
Well i think I can give you a hand on it, but I have no experience in team work on such projects...

Im sure we can plan something. You got a MSN address or GTalk so we can get this planned and done within a few weeks?

[eluser]codelearn[/eluser]
I would be willing to help out as well.

[email protected]

[eluser]MrEnirO[/eluser]
MSN: [email protected]

[eluser]jkevinburton[/eluser]
I have already created a Forum's Module for CI.
It's unfortunate that there are pieces of it that are
specific to the client, so it's not a package up kinda
module...

Let me know if you need a hand, considering I've already
done it.... twice.

Kevin
[email protected]

Ok, we wont need any more people than the ones we have. I have added a few of you to my MSN list and hopefully we can start putting things together.

I'd like to take private messaging and the general view category, view topic and view post code. Will make a basic crap HTML view for it.

I'd need somebody to make a user control panel with forum settings, notifications, signatures, etc.

Somebody else needs to make the BB Code and attachments.

This seems like a fair splitting of the work right? Remember we need to keep things generic. We can compaire libraries on MSN so we can try to see how to keep it all compatible. Shouldnt be too hard with just the three of us.

Ok round #1

DING

Not bad for a few hours work, just threw some dummy data in from an old forum system.

Whose going to help make some sexy "Post Topic" and "Post Reply" interfaces and code/whatnot. Im rubbish with making BBCode and my interface skills are bum. I also really need a controll panel to be made, I hope we find some people to work with so we can all share this lovely code.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB