Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Best IDE for php/ci development

[eluser]designfellow[/eluser]
Hi,
My vote for Eclipse, secondly dreamweaver.

[eluser]mjsilva[/eluser]
I'm using Zend Studio 7.0 and it's kind a nice, I love the debug system integrated with Firefox extension almost forget that it's not a compiled language!

But still a huge resources consumer 5.5 was better at this level, and terrible expensive for the average mortal!

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
At least Zend Studio was mentioned once in this thread...

I still use Zend Studio 5.5 myself. I haven't tried any version >= 6.0.

Tried Netbeans 6.5, 6.7 and liked it, but it's such a slow bastard, at least in Linux.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1249072368"]
SO nows not a good time to mention that Eclipse installs at 165Mb?
Do you care about this on principle or because you have a small HD and an IDE using up 100Mb is a big deal?[/quote]

It's a bit silly, isn't it? 165MB or 110MB - that's just a matter of degree. Quanta (aforementioned favoured IDE for the jedd) is 6MB. And it offers a bunch of what I consider very basic editor requirements.

There's that great story, which may be apocryphal, that Douglas Adams tells in relation to (from memory) the back-tick apostrophe being implemented in a word processor, and the punchline of which is 'Oh, 127 then!'. And I'm reminded of this story when I look at products like NetBeans - a lot of very sophisticated features that I'll never use (but slow me down anyway) and lacking some very basic features that right up until the first time you run it you just assume that every text editor in the world that got past v. 0.1 would necessarily have.

So, no, it's not really a matter of principle (I run some insanely and unnecessarily fat apps - 200MB resident for my audio player, f.e.) .. more one of amazement - but not in a good hey-isn't-that-amazing way.

[eluser]Zack Kitzmiller[/eluser]
Coda. I buy Mac's just for Coda.

I can't live with out it.

[eluser]Kami_[/eluser]
I use Zend Studio/Eclipse for over two years now and I'm very happy with it.

Debugging and profiling (among countless useful plugins for Eclipse) is just awesome.

It took me a lot of time to set everything up like I wanted (perspectives, views, shortcuts, replaced subversive with subclipse, other plugins, etc.), but it was worth it.

[eluser]aryan_[/eluser]
Most of you have recommended Eclipse. I also like it. What about EasyEclipse version?

I like TexMate/e-texteditor themes too much. Does Eclipse has such themes?

[eluser]William Rouse[/eluser]
I can not get CodeIgniter to run with my NetBeans configuration. I have follwed the steps which seem simple enough to set the configuration file but I get a blank screen. When I view the source it looks like below:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
&lt;HTML&gt;&lt;HEAD>
&lt;META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type&gt;
&lt;META name=SKYPE_FRAMEID content=QECDRHVQSU&gt;&lt;/HEAD>
&lt;BODY&gt;&lt;/BODY>&lt;/HTML&gt;

Any help would be appreciated.

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
[quote author="William Rouse" date="1249512024"]I can not get CodeIgniter to run with my NetBeans configuration. I have follwed the steps which seem simple enough to set the configuration file but I get a blank screen. When I view the source it looks like below:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
&lt;HTML&gt;&lt;HEAD>
&lt;META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type&gt;
&lt;META name=SKYPE_FRAMEID content=QECDRHVQSU&gt;&lt;/HEAD>
&lt;BODY&gt;&lt;/BODY>&lt;/HTML&gt;

Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

I think I'd start by disabling skype browser plugin Smile

Unless you are pointing to a blank view, your index.php page in CodeIgniter is not even being referenced.

I use MAMP, netbeans with CI and it works awesome.

[eluser]nofearinc[/eluser]
I'm curious, which Eclipse do you use, the PDT platform or the plain IDE, or Web Tools Platform?
Recently I do Notepad++ in Windows and Gedit in my Ubuntu. Eclipse is a bit too heavy for my needs, I use it mostly for Java.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB