Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Best IDE for php/ci development

[eluser]aryan_[/eluser]
Which one should I select - Zend Studio, Eclipse,or Netbeans?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
This is something which has been discussed countless times already, if you don't beleive me, search for IDE or editor Smile

Oh, and my personal favourite is Eclipse

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
Personal preference.

Eclipse for me.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
I use still Quanta+, but it's been some years since it had any lovin', and seems near death now that KDE 4 is out. Sad, really, as it's very good.

I used NetBeans - but it's fat and slow and, inexplicably, does not comprehend why anyone would want to see tabs.

I have 8 floppy disks in storage somewhere, dating from 1989, of Word 5 for MS-DOS - and even that knew how to show tabs.

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
bleh. I use phpDesigner

[eluser]Cro_Crx[/eluser]
I use Netbeans. Older versions were quite chunky and slow but the newer versions are fine. The last version which was released in June (6.7) is very nice, has all the usuals like code completion, inbuilt documentation etc.. I use it for writing Java and C++ as well

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
I'm too young to suffer from repetitive topic stress disorder. Tongue

[eluser]Cro_Crx[/eluser]
but this time it's different because netbeans 6.7 is out Smile

[eluser]Stallon[/eluser]
IMHO PHPDesigner... I just cant do without the inplace php syntax error checking... its the only reason i stick to windows for development

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
[quote author="Stallon" date="1249065530"]IMHO PHPDesigner... I just cant do without the inplace php syntax error checking... its the only reason i stick to windows for development[/quote]
Well you could learn the syntax by heart and just not need that functionality... theoretically. Tongue

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB