Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CIEXtended (CIEX) - New PHP ORM Framework based on CodeIgniter

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
[quote author="nizsmo" date="1267873479"]Thanks for your reply. I have been more than polite on all my replies, and have sincerely apologized on behalf for making the mistake of not including the copyright notice, which was unintentional.

As we stated the team wasn’t aware of any specific conditions regarding where to put copyright notices in code files, however if we am incorrect in this regard please do let me know.
However non of your replies have sounded awfully polite, we already admitted and apologized for our mistake, and you seem to accuse us of obfuscating and abusing the notice.

And I don’t mind if you quote my reply PMs online, but I will reply to only one place as it seems absolutely pointless to post in two places, so let me know if you prefer to communicate via PM, or the public forum.[/quote]

Actually I prefer that you reply in the public forum so have quoted your reply here for everyone to see.

The intent of the copyright notice in my code is to inform the reader of the author and terms of use and copyright for the software.

Placing the notice at the end of the file is not complying with that intent or purpose.

I am also a New Zealand citizen and have researched your company and its directors, should I need to proceed further with legal action.

Making comments about politeness is irrelevant, and just blowing smoke over the issue at hand.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
what a petty lol
I wonder what you can claim for this matter at the court. You should go without notice if you're confident. Awaiting update!

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
In law there is an aspect of requirement and an aspect of intent.

You are required by law to display the copyright notice within your work and the intent of the notice is to inform the reader of the author and copyright ownership which you are abusing by locating the notice at the end of the file.

You and your little friends may not like being told what you have an obligation to do, and if this is the case any court will see your ego overpowering your better judgment.

Please move the copyright notice for Modular Extensions - PHP5 to the beginning of the files as per the originals and in line with the intent of the copyright notice.

Basically grow up, do what is right, and just get on with it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB