• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FreakAuth light 1.1 released

[eluser]jstrebel[/eluser]
Any chance you can update the user profile tutorial to reflect the changes in 1.1?

Nice work btw

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Re-Hi guys,

maybe this question can seem weird, but i'll ask Smile

I love the CI philosophy it's barely the 'KISS' one.

I'm learning a lot with your script, not like i'll stole it from you but better it's a damn good tutorial.

you choose to use db_session if i'm right, you choose to load it in the constructor. From the developper view, what make you choose to load it from the constructor and not from the autoload ?

I'll love to get a reason, maybe i'm just trying to much to keep each library separate from library.

thanks !

[eluser]jstrebel[/eluser]
Hwo would one go about modifying Freak Auth 1.1 to allow login via username OR email, with one field.. so the login box would check input against the username field and the email field for a match.. ?

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
I forget to talk about this in the last post, but this is a suggestion tho.

Why not just include a simple switch language process and db_session (userdata) to select language right at login or switch later.

many thanks.

[eluser]Jamongkad[/eluser]
Hey guys thanks again for the awesome Auth library...anyways I just migrated my application from UserLib auth to FreakAuth_lite_1.1, I did everything right down to the letter(I hope so) and everything checked out ok. Except for one little thing...

The images, css, and JS won't load when I type "installer" on my url.

I made sure the public and tmp folders are in my apps directory so I guess that's been taken care of.

Freak Auth reports everything checks out ok From DB TABLES to Superadmin settings.

But I can't see any captcha images, images, css or js. I've checked and rechecked areas of my application and checked my base_url if it's right and I still can't see any of the above...any suggestions?

P.S. I think tmp and public are writable cuz everytime I refresh the Freak Auth login page a new captcha image appears in the tmp folder...I just can't see the darn thing hehe

[eluser]danfreak[/eluser]
@pb30
yes it is possible to use the captcha in other stuff.

check out how we used it in FAL_front.php

Code:
$fields['security'] = $this->CI->lang->line('FAL_captcha_label');
$rules['security'] = $this->CI->config->item('FAL_user_captcha_field_validation');

$action='_login';
$this->CI->freakauth_light->captcha_init($action);
$data['captcha'] = $this->CI->config->item('FAL_captcha_image');

in your view
Code:
<p><label for="security">&lt;?=$this->lang->line('FAL_captcha_label')?&gt;:</label>
    &lt;?=form_input(array('name'=>'security',
                           'id'=>'security',
                           'maxlength'=>'45',
                           'size'=>'45',
                           'value'=>''))?&gt;
    &lt;?=(isset($this->fal_validation) ? $this->fal_validation->{'security'.'_error'} : '')?&gt;
    &lt;?=$this->load->view($this->config->item('FAL_captcha_img_tag_view'), null, true)?&gt;</p>

the captcha template is in views/FreakAuth_light/content/forms/html_for_captcha.php

Old captchas get deleted every time the freakauth_light->captcha_init() method is called

Alternatively you can do a mini-library just for captchas.
Also check ut this article: Not so useless! image_to_text() as a CAPTCHA

@jstrebel
About the custom userprofile tutorials: I'll check it out their compatibility with FAL 1.1 asap.
did you try to use them with 1.1?

I'm planning to integrate them into next FAL release (not before September).

For the login with e-mail or username my suggestion (somebody already asked me this but I don't remember were my answer is...) is to check the username string, check if an "@" is in it, if there is a "@" tell the system to check against the e-mail field, otherway against the classic username field.
I let you implement this using the new great extensibility feature of FAL 1.1

;-)

[eluser]danfreak[/eluser]
@sikkle

Quote:you choose to use db_session if i’m right, you choose to load it in the constructor. From the developper view, what make you choose to load it from the constructor and not from the autoload ?

This choice has been done in order to make sure that in case somebody forgets, or changes the autoload in a second time, we always have db_session and FAL loaded together. Otherways FAL wouldn't work.
It is not a mistake to autoload db_session in the autoload.

Code:
Why not just include a simple switch language process and db_session (userdata) to select language right at login or switch later.
Well this would be an extra feature that end users can implement.
You can use the db_session library to store whatever you like and need.
We didn't implement multilanguage functionality for the following reasons:

- not everybody needs it and therefore it is an extra
- there are various ways to implement a multilanguage website, and therefore we live total freedomo to the developers to embrace their preferred one

@Jamongkad

Weird! Did somebody else encountered the same problem? basically you don't see images at all.
Is your "base_url" right (including the end trailing slash?)

Code:
$config['base_url']    = "http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/";

Have a nice weekend guys!

;-)

[eluser]Jamongkad[/eluser]
@Jamongkad

Weird! Did somebody else encountered the same problem? basically you don't see images at all.
Is your "base_url" right (including the end trailing slash?)

Code:
$config['base_url']    = "http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/";

Have a nice weekend guys!

;-)[/quote]

Thanks you have a great weekend too!
Code:
$config['base_url']    = "http://127.0.0.1/yeventerbeta/";
This is my base url yup it includes trailing slashes. I'm scratchin my head over this one...quite a perplexing problem. Would the problem lie in the fact that I had to play with my .htaccess file? I did that in the first place when I did this
Code:
$config['index_page'] = "";

But I think the problem lies much deeper than this.

[eluser]See64[/eluser]
I have short question about FreakAuth's otutgoing mails. FreakAuth seems to automatically add "<" and ">" around the email address. This is ALSO done by CodeIgniter's default email library. This gives me the following error:

SMTP server response: 554 5.7.1 Sender address format `<<[email protected]>>' not RFC-compliant

And just I can't find where FreakAuth is adding this! Can anybody help?

[eluser]maesk[/eluser]
Hi guys

I think FreakAuth is an excellent addition to CodeIgniter and it saved me a lot of time. It's really quite easy to install, use and adapt. What I didn't achieve is to display the login form in my content div of one of my views. Is this possible? If I have a particular page that should be secured I want to show the login form on this page in the content div so that it shows the header, navigation and all. Now I just adapted the templates so that everything shows adapted to my design, except for the navigation. If it's not possible, it's not a big problem either. The backend of FreakAuth is also very useful and makes a good starting point for a cms backend.

So thanks a lot for your work. I donated 10 Euro, it's not much but better than nothing.

Cheers
maesk

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew