Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Issue with form_validation class

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Issue: function validation_errors() fails to fetch the validation errors.(in linux system)

the cause of ths error was found to be form_helper.php file, in the

_get_validation_object() function,in the line

if ( ! isset($CI->load->_ci_classes) OR ! isset($CI->load->_ci_classes['form_validation']))
{
return $return;
}

The CI->load->_ci_classes contains index "Form_validation", but it checks for index 'form_validation'
which returns false and ends up returning FALSE to the calling function.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
I have multiple forms that use form validation on my site, which is on a linux server, and there is no problem

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

But i am using the newer `form validation` class instead of older `validation` class.of codeigniter version 1.7.1. Are you using the same?I think issis is with this new class only.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
No, I'm not using files from the SVN on my site. I've got enough problems without using code that is not 100% ready.

[eluser]Sean Gates[/eluser]
I'm having a problem with validation_errors() (v 1.7.1) not returning anything, also. I believe it has to do with the Form_validation.php library. There is an $error_string property (variable) and also an error_string() function in the same Form_validation object.

If I echo the helper function validation_errors(); (it uses the error_string() function) I don't get anything.

If I echo the object property directly (not the function), like, $this->validation->error_string, I get the error_string, without problems.

Does anyone have any insight into this? In my understanding you should not have a property and function named the same in an object, so one of them would need to be changed.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I was having the sa
me issues and I ended up creating a patch. A bug was filed for this issue already http://codeigniter.com/bug_tracker/bug/6427/.

This has worked for me so far. Let me know if it works for you as well.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB