Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Forums usability gripe

[eluser]Samuurai[/eluser]
I love these forums, I've found answers to so many questions on here, but there's one thing that niggles me..

I can't tell you how many times I've clicked "Fast Reply".. typed out a message, then clicked "Post Reply" above the textarea instead of the "Submit" button.

This annoyingly, takes me to the full reply page and loses my fast reply text.

Am I the only knucklehead who does this?

[eluser]Wuushu[/eluser]
Never happened to me Tongue But I can see now what you mean. Ouch.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
That used to happen to me as well, you can always hit the back button and your response should still be there
It's some sort of proxy issue, as it only ever happened to me at work

[eluser]jpi[/eluser]
It had just append to me, 5 min ago.. Sad

"hit the back button and your response should still be there" I tried but my response wasn't there.

[eluser]davidbehler[/eluser]
Using Firefox?
Try this add-on: Lazarus

Quote:Never lose anything you type into a web form again! Lazarus securely auto-saves all forms as you type, so after a crash, server timeout, or whatever, you can go back to the form, right click, "recover form", and breath a sigh of relief.

[eluser]wabu[/eluser]
It's not specific to this forum, but my suggestion is to copy anything of substance to the clipboard before clicking the little button. Wink

This has saved me a number of times.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="waldmeister" date="1250187991"]Using Firefox?[/quote]Of course
[quote author="waldmeister" date="1250187991"]Try this add-on: Lazarus
[/quote]

Thanks for the link, wonder if it will impact performance though seeing as it keeps writting the data somewhere... Oh well, small price to pay for piece of mind (I hope)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB