Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Newbie Needs Help - Please

[eluser]daniel_ferry[/eluser]
I've spent two days trying to get CI to work on my domain, with no luck. I am hoping someone will be kind enough to get me past this hurdle so I can start learning the framework.

I've been programming for 20 years (VB, JavaScript, ASP), but I want to now learn PHP and from my research CI appears the best way to go.

I have been trying to follow the Controllers tutorial in the User Guide and cannot even get the "Hello World" working. Always get 404 errors. I tried the suggestions under Troubleshooting, and many different online suggestions, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

I have all the files installed on the root of my domain. If someone will be so kind as to take a look and tell me what is wrong, I would really appreciate it!

domain: mathkings.com
ftp: ftp.mathkings.com
pw: Puebloman4863

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

Daniel

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Hi Daniel, and welcome to the CI forums.

Looking at your site - [url="http://mathkings.com"]mathkings.com[/url] - it looks like the base install is working just fine. What are the controller(s) names that you've created, and/or methods within those, that you're trying to hit?

Possibly a bit sanguine to post login credentials for your site here .. but you didn't mention login name, so that might slow some people down Wink

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
As jedd mentioned, homepage looks fine, but index.php/welcome/index doesn't... so I'd try the differant URI protocols under config/config.php

And be sure to change you're password as well now that it's published here for ever (should anyone guess your username)

Sorry about forgetting the user name. It is: dbferry

I will be changing these after I get this resolved.

I've already tried all of the various options for the URI protocols under config/config.php. This is why I am posting here for help.

I'm trying to get the "blog.php" controller working.

Thanks to everyone for the input thus far...

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Wow, I'd forgotten how annoying ftp clients are.

Anyhoo, had a quick poke around, and can't work out why it's borked. I tried to fix up your index.php (remove it as a requirement) so there's a bit of a mess, but you can just plonk over a new copy of CI when you're done. I put up a phpinfo.php in your root, in case anyone wants to check that out. I added a function foo() to your welcome.php class, but couldn't get it going. index.php keeps coming back - and I can't work out why. My .htaccess is usually pretty robust. I also couldn't get any errors to be dumped out to /logs/... despite bumping up CI's error reporting all the way to 11.

Someone else can have a look now - I'm leaving the building. My gut feel is that something funny is being done by your hoster, but I can't work out what it might be.

Did you have this working on your local box?

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
I am downloading the entire install on my local machine and give it a run.

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
It works on my local machine. I am working now on the live server. I've started by taking out .htaccess.

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
OK. I have it running without .htaccess.

http://mathkings.com/index.php?/blog

I'll build now a .htaccess.

tomcode,

Thank you tons!

If I may, what was wrong?

Daniel

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
Your hoster requires a ? after the index.php to get it working. Right now I struggle with the .htaccess, for the moment I can't get it working.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB