Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
autocompletion of CI in aptana or eclipse

[eluser]mrcoder[/eluser]
HI

I am new guy to CI.can any one tell me how to get autocompletion feature in aptana or eclipse.i have added the library to the project but i am not able to get the auto completion.

Thanks in Adavance

[eluser]GSV Sleeper Service[/eluser]
one way is to make a MY_Controller which just contains something along the lines of
Code:
class MY_Controller extends Controller {

/**
  * @var CI_Loader
  */
public $load;

/**
  * @var CI_Session
  */
public $session;

... etc ...

function __construct(){
   parent::__construct();
}

}
with a bit of luck the code completion will kick in when you do
Code:
$this->session->

[eluser]mrcoder[/eluser]
is there any way that i can get code completion just like java.

I've got no idea what you mean by that.

[eluser]mrcoder[/eluser]
In eclipse for java for auto completion you just need to add the jar files of that framework in to the class path.then u will get automatically the auto completion.is there is any way like this is php.

not for codeigniter. all classes in codeigniter hang off a CI Superclass, which is why you have to do $this->class->method() all the time. Aptana/Eclipse is not aware of this convention, which is why you have to do what I suggested in my first reply.

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
NetBeans + CodeIgniter = Great Combination

Source 1

Source 2

[This should be mention somewhere in userguide or as a sticky thread]

[eluser]oldroy[/eluser]
MrCoder,
I've tried adding codeigniter as a library to aptana and no luck from a library add in. It would be a good thing if I could make it work. What I have had success at, is adding code templates and snippets. I don't have live object->property yada yada stuff like you would in visual studio but I've learned a ton by putting together my own templates.

As a former "I've got to have code intellisense" guy, I can tell you that after just a couple of months of diligently learning about codeigniter I find that I don't miss it as much as at the beginning. I'm not saying it's not usefull, just that you won't mind it as much in a couple of months.

Build a couple of sample apps. Read and stumble through a book or two and you'll see what I mean.

You might look at Komodo both free and paid. ActiveState ides are always interesting and they have really kept up with code completion in a lot of flavours.

[eluser]imn.codeartist[/eluser]
For Netbeans I found this blog where it shows your how to use Intellisense

http://www.mybelovedphp.com/2009/01/27/n...gniter-ii/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB