Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
jquery anomally or so

[eluser]joeizang[/eluser]
hi guyz,

sorry I don't know what I have been doing without this framework, it's awesome. I have noticed something, i am making an inventory management app for the office I am using the latest of jquery and jqueryui with codeigniter. what I noticed was anytime I made an ajax request using $.get() or any other ones I see in firebug that the entire jquery lib is moved along with my view and my external js file where I have all my functions. Now this is worrying cos then I am moving what I don't need slowing stuff down, is there anything I should do? Just to be clear I have made 2 folders in my webroot so for example I have /htdocs/officeapp/css and /htdocs/officeapp/js.

Any thoughts folks?

Thanks for contribs.

[eluser]alboyd[/eluser]
I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by "moved". Your view will be loading the jquery library and any other included js files, and css etc every time it is loaded - but that's obvious right?

[eluser]joeizang[/eluser]
hey thanks for the contrib,

and Yes normally your would expect that the libraries (jquery etc) would be loaded with views but I have just snippets loading into a main view sort of and the snippets don't require or have jquery. They are just html generated using the form helper. is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks again

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB